Washing machine waste pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I would like to fit a washing machine into an outhouse we have the cold water pipes to attach to the machine our problem is the waste pipe, we have a toilet outside which we could run the washer waste pipe into the toilet waste pipe there but the toilet waste pipe is concreted in so we can't change the pipe to one with a boss adapter onto it, so our question is can you cut into the toilet waste pipe and use a boss strap and fit it this way sorry if I'm confusing you

Sponsored Links
Thank you for the reply the pipe is plastic it just goes into concrete in the floor

If it is 4" soil pipe and there is enough to get a strap on boss onto, then no problem provided you have a trap on the washing machine waste. If its the plastic pan connector, this will have a smaller diameter and won't take a strap on boss. It may be possible, however, to reconfigure the toilet/soil connection to make it work. Pictures would help.

Sponsored Links
OOoooooo - an outside toilet - haven't seen one of them in, pheww .... gotta be 75 years ... them were the days - newspaper for the A$$ wipe too, kids these days don't know how lucky they they are ... :LOL: ;)

OOoooooo - an outside toilet - haven't seen one of them in, pheww .... gotta be 75 years ... them were the days - newspaper for the A$$ wipe too, kids these days don't know how lucky they they are ... :LOL:
Haha the house was built in the 60s so yeah quite a few years ago it comes In handy tho when the kids are outside saves them running in the house to the upstairs especially when they have been using the pool (when we have nice weather )

rare beasts these days ... as you say if it serves a purpose then most excellent - just isolate it in the winter as the supply can freeze up.

Sorry about the grim picture it' was behind some wooden boxing

Attachments

• Resize_20240907_175321_1137.jpg
    Resize_20240907_175321_1137.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 45
Unlikely you'll fit a Boss to that, diameter is too small. Best option would be to carefully dig the concrete out around where it goes into the floor and replace it with one with a Boss.
Thank you for the reply, not what I wanted to hear haha I have no idea what to do from here the pipe isn't that far underground as the drain is right outside this toilet room is just the doing part..

Unlikely you'll fit a Boss to that, diameter is too small. Best option would be to carefully dig the concrete out around where it goes into the floor and replace it with one with a Boss.
Can you get ones smaller than 110mm as that seems the standard size if so would that work?

The white plastic pan connector wont go far under the concrete, it'll be inserted into the clay drain from the toilet. Shouldn't be too difficult to get out once the concrete around it has been chipped away, just be care not to damage the pan or the drain in the process.

The only way you might be bale to connect to it is by using a mechanical Boss, (solvent welded type wont glue to that type of plastic, and will be too big anyway. My concern with that though would be you would constricting the narrow section of pipework that is the pan connector, even more with the Boss on the inside, leading to a high risk of the WC repeatedly blocking.

New Pan Connector I'm afraid is probably your only real option.

Is the main body of the pan connector quite stiff or soft?

Only other way you may be able to do it, if pan connector tube is firm, would be to cut ~ 2" above ground level and use a banded adapter (flexseal fernco) and then use a shorter bossed connector above it but that would be a bit of a fudge. Would need to know the diameter though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back