Washing machine waste pipe

Sponsored Links
Is the main body of the pan connector quite stiff or soft?

Only other way you may be able to do it, if pan connector tube is firm, would be to cut ~ 2" above ground level and use a banded adapter (flexseal fernco) and then use a shorter bossed connector above it but that would be a bit of a fudge. Would need to know the diameter though.
Would that not leak tho or do you mean push the new pipe in and use that device you mentioned to secure it? I'm not what you mean is it hard or soft as it's plastic but it seems like it could be cut ill have to have a message I'll post it as soon as I've got it, thank you for the reply

The white plastic pan connector wont go far under the concrete, it'll be inserted into the clay drain from the toilet. Shouldn't be too difficult to get out once the concrete around it has been chipped away, just be care not to damage the pan or the drain in the process.

The only way you might be bale to connect to it is by using a mechanical Boss, (solvent welded type wont glue to that type of plastic, and will be too big anyway. My concern with that though would be you would constricting the narrow section of pipework that is the pan connector, even more with the Boss on the inside, leading to a high risk of the WC repeatedly blocking.

New Pan Connector I'm afraid is probably your only real option.
Thank you if all above fails then hubby is ready to do some digging haha

Would that not leak tho or do you mean push the new pipe in and use that device you mentioned to secure it? I'm not what you mean is it hard or soft as it's plastic but it seems like it could be cut ill have to have a message I'll post it as soon as I've got it, thank you for the reply
That's why I was asking if the white pipe of the pan connector down into the concrete is rigid or soft - if it's stiff then a fernco adapter will tighten up to it fine and it wouldn't leak, if it's soft/flexible it may not. Some pan connectors are rigid and stiff, other are more soft/flexible. Just squeeze the pipe with your hands, does it feel soft and relatively pliable or does it feel quite rigid/stiff

This is the fernco, the jubilee clips tighten to the pipe and seal it up
1725881118449.png
Of course if it can be dug out of the concrete then that's certainly the best option.

Sponsored Links
It would be worth noting, if you do end up replacing the pan connector, ideally you want one with a 40mm Boss connection, most seem to have 32mm (for Basin connection), a Washing machine really needs 40mm to handle the flow.

Why the manufacturers don't offer 40mm as standard I don't know, it can soon be reduced to 32mm if required.

Why the manufacturers don't offer 40mm as standard I don't know, it can soon be reduced to 32mm if required.
Were they not originally designed just as a vent, say to take an AAV, hence why they're mostly called vent boss connectors? I guess we all know they can be used to take a basin waste and primarily used in a bathroom where it would all be 32mm?

I think it's only Multikwik that do a bent pan connector with a 40mm boss? McAlpine only do the inline coupler with a boss that size?

I guess we all know they can be used to take a basin waste and primarily used in a bathroom where it would all be 32mm?
That was my thinking, with the requirement for a hand basin to be fitted in a WC these gave an easy option for the Basin waste if pan was connected directly to the drain.

I think it's only Multikwik that do a bent pan connector with a 40mm boss? McAlpine only do the inline coupler with a boss that size?
Plenty of straight versions with a 40mm Boss, cannot find a 90º version. Manufacturers are missing a trick there,

That was my thinking, with the requirement for a hand basin to be fitted in a WC these gave an easy option for the Basin waste if pan was connected directly to the drain.
Yeah, for sure, only thing to watch out for I suppose would be that the toilet flush could pull the basin trap's seal , Anti vac would probably be needed

Parents have that setup on their downstairs WC, not noticed it being a problem, and I've set that WC for full flush as the drain blocks if it doesn't get enough water behind it. Ironically, I may have to take the basin out again, Mum needs a walking frame and get get in to the WC with it, it wont fit past the basin!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back