waste to pan connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wish to connect a shower tray waste to the soil on my loo but need to get as low as possible without having to get a ladder up to the shower tray! The waste in the picture is 32cm above the ground. Is there another fitting I could use maybe on the elbow? I am aware of pumped waste systems but would prefer not to go down that route.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I had thought about a joint on the elbow but was concerned about solids causing a problem as it was on the bend? If you think I'd be ok then that could be the route. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Difficult to do but if you give me a few hours I'll see what I can do. I'll post it on as soon as I can.
Thanks again.

the bent connector that is on the wc bowl is available with a 38mm outlet on the bend which would be in the right position but the height is going to be way too high or would mean the shower being built up on to two small steps

Thanks for the suggestion. To replace the spigot tee is going to be a bit more complicated as can be seen from the second of the first two pictures as my original plumber was a bit creative in coping with all the services which come into the house in this corner.

As long as it is not going to be a problem I think a bent connector with an outlet may be the easiest and I'll raise the tray to suit.

Thank you everyone for your comments and hope you all have a prosperous new year.
Colin

Connect the shower waste to the vertical 110mm soil pipe below any other connection as it's supposed to be and this will give you a low enough connection for a try fitted on the floor, well almost.
Anything else will be a lash-up, not as the system design & a very poor installation.

Lets face it how, how hard can that be to do??!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back