Water butt filling up, and rainfall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Since I finished installing the replacement water butt for the summerhouse, there has been no rainfall, until yesterday. The new one, is 200L, white plastic, which I have disguised, leaving a vertical window, so we can see the water level more easily. The summerhouse is 15 feet square, and yesterday's rain, added around 1/3rd of a fill to the butt, around 60L. My weather station recorded around 2.5mm of rain fell.

Rather more collected, than I anticipated.

Sponsored Links
I drained and scrubbed out the water butt yesterday, as there was an oily film on the water surface, and it stunk.

There was a bit of dirt or some such in there, probably where the concrete roof tiles or valley pointing have eroded.

I've now wedged a length of what looks like a large bottle brush, into the downpipe that drains into the butt.

More thrilling updates, as they happen (y)

Sponsored Links
I drained and scrubbed out the water butt yesterday, as there was an oily film on the water surface, and it stunk.

There was a bit of dirt or some such in there, probably where the concrete roof tiles or valley pointing have eroded.

I've now wedged a length of what looks like a large bottle brush, into the downpipe that drains into the butt.

More thrilling updates, as they happen (y)
Are you going to livestream it via ButtCam ? :unsure:

Back