Water from dehumidifier in windscreen wash tank

Sponsored Links
The dehumidified water will be just fine - but there shouldn't be any deposits with methanol based screen wash fluids anyway.
Avoid washing up liquid of course!
John :)

I've been using concentrated wash, different brands, but they all seem to grow some sort of slime in it which blocks the pump and tubes/jets. I think it's down to impurities in the water I mix with it. I have an unopened bottle in the porch and a bottle of mixed next to it, the mixed one has some slime in it, the neat one is fine, which seems to back up my thoughts. From what I've read the slime thing is not uncommon

Sponsored Links
Occasionally, I put the garden hose in the washer bottle, and flush out all the old deposits. Washer fluid can form a gel at the bottom or a crust at the top.

I use mine enough to keep it fresh, with extra fluid in winter to prevent freezing.

Dehumidifier water can contain dust, bacteria, yeasts and mould

I doubt dehumidifier water is better than tap water? Probably has all sorts of dust and rubbish from all the air flow around the machine? If you can drink tap water it is good enough for your car...

There’s nothing worse when servicing a car and testing the washers that haven’t been used for months. Stinking, stagnant water. Worse still if you’re standing outside the door when you test them and the washer jets aren’t adjusted properly and you get a face full of the stuff. :sick:

I've been using concentrated wash, different brands, but they all seem to grow some sort of slime in it which blocks the pump and tubes/jets. I think it's down to impurities in the water I mix with it. I have an unopened bottle in the porch and a bottle of mixed next to it, the mixed one has some slime in it, the neat one is fine, which seems to back up my thoughts. From what I've read the slime thing is not uncommon
Is it a bmw?

I have used Halfords screen wash (the pink winter one) all year round in various cars for decades without a problem, though I've no idea what's going on in the tank itself as it's not situated in the engine bay these days.

Sponsored Links
Back