Water running underneath shed - Need help with Blockage or Channeling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a problem with the drainage on my concrete base. It wasn't built with correct drainage slope. The damage inside is getting worse. I need to stop the water soon.

With a quick look online, I've found few solutions but not sure what would be the best considering the surface material and size and the total cost perhaps.

1) Garage Door Water barrier seal Kit. Piece of curved heavy duty plastic, guess to be screwed glued and sealed around the shed?

2) Flood barriers. They absorb water and creates a barrier. (like sandbags but with water instead of sand)

3) Creating a channel by using a dimond cutter across the shed? This is the option I want to avoid. It's going to be a lot of work , dust and I'm sure there are steel frameworks inside the concrete.

1)It'd be great to hear your opinion. What would be the best solution?
2) where exactly I need to put the barriers based on damaged area?

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-09-17 at 07.59.26 (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-09-17 at 07.59.26 (1).jpeg
    140.9 KB · Views: 37
  • WhatsApp Image 2024-09-17 at 07.59.26.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-09-17 at 07.59.26.jpeg
    404 KB · Views: 36
  • WhatsApp Image 2024-09-17 at 08.10.01.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-09-17 at 08.10.01.jpeg
    230.4 KB · Views: 34
Sponsored Links
Lift each shed onto some paving slabs. The problem is the shed base is in contact with the concrete, it should be on something to raise it up, with a bit of dpm or similar in between.

Lift each shed onto some paving slabs. The problem is the shed base is in contact with the concrete, it should be on something to raise it up, with a bit of dpm or similar in between.
Thank you. Yes I'm aware of that. It's an old shed and wasn't put together nicely. Will I risk breaking the shed/damaging it if I try to lift it?

Would you recommend any lifting technique suitable for raising the shed?

I found some recycled waterproof plastic slats that I cal lay under the shed or I can use treated timbers

Would something like this work?

Should I put the DPM under the slats on concrete or over the slats?

Thank you

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-09-17 at 09.09.13.png
    Screenshot 2024-09-17 at 09.09.13.png
    937.6 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot 2024-09-17 at 09.11.50.png
    Screenshot 2024-09-17 at 09.11.50.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 14
Well there's always a risk with old sheds but provided they're lifted properly then they should be OK. You can lift a shed effectively if you have two car jacks, you need to screw a horizontal length of timber to each long side of the shed into the studs so they overhang the length of the shed, then another horizontal member beneath each of those at each end, then some suitable spacers and then a car jack or similar to lift them. Or if you can get access to four able bodied people then they can just lift it up and move it out of the way whilst you position the supports then they can lift it back into position onto the supports. DPM in between the top of the supports beneath the shed base.

Something like this:

edit: they've made the video so it won't display here but click on the play button and it should open on youtube.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Thanks for the amazing tip. I'll try lifting the shed up. Still keen to know what's the best way to stop the water from going under the shed.

One of these might help

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
One of these might help
I saw these but wasn’t sure if I can lift the entire shed using these. If I get x4 of these , would it lift my shed ?

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back