Wet brickwork under fascia

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I noticed a wet patch on the brickwork after a heavy downpour. Its adjacent to the down pipe. See photo.
I havnt been able to get up the ladder to take a look due to the weather. I assume it could be a blocked or partially blocked downpipe?

Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_4890.jpeg
    IMG_4890.jpeg
    249.1 KB · Views: 30
Sponsored Links
OP,
You will need to go up a ladder, and take some pics to post on here - show inside the gutter outlet, and if the felt is coming down over the gutter?
A hose pipe can be used to water test with a light spray.
However, unless the lower roof is a flat roof it might be difficult raising a ladder without a wide "Standoff"?

Sponsored Links
After further investigation i noticed that a roof tile had slipped. I got a local roofer in to take a look and he has said some of the lafts had rotted which has caused the slippage. He’s not sure how far up the problem is although he noticed a hole in one of the tiles halfway up.
He was in trouble with his mrs for being late home so hes coming back to take a closer look and give a price. I’ve had this guy before and others in the road have used his services so hopefully it can be done soon.

OP,
The leak is presenting at the eaves.
Here's a heads-up:
No matter if the laths are rotten or there's tile slippage or a hole in a tile (whatever that means) - any penetrating rainwater will hit the felt and run down the felt to the discharge point at the eaves.
Did your "local roofer" go up a ladder to view from the roof eaves? Did this local roofer go into your loft?
Do you have pics of these defects you mention?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back