Wet Windows

Probably just breathing and insufficient ventilation. Open the bedroom window in the morning after throwjng back the bedclothes so they can air.

You could open the door a crack or open the window the smallest amount overnight. But check other rooms early in the morning.

If there is a source of damp in the house such as a bathroom without good extraction, or wet washing draped around, fix it. Less often there is a tiny leak from a radiator or water pipe.

Water vapour is lighter than air so will rise within the house.
It's an old house, fitted with modern appliances so i don't think it's designed with all the upgrades in mind. We keep a small window open most nights but in winter we keep them closed so the problems arise from there. The trickle vents really helped cut down condensation and i understand have become mandatory in the last couple of years, so i wish i hadn't had new ones fitted before then.

Sponsored Links
It's an old house, fitted with modern appliances so i don't think it's designed with all the upgrades in mind. We keep a small window open most nights but in winter we keep them closed so the problems arise from there. The trickle vents really helped cut down condensation and i understand have become mandatory in the last couple of years, so i wish i hadn't had new ones fitted before then.
I am guessing that you may be of 'the younger generation'.
Those of us 'of a certain age' ie over 50, tend to be used to sleeping cold. We were brought up in houses without central heating and would be the norm to find ice on the inside of a window in the morning.
We sleep with a window open all year around, even in winter and no c/h on at night, ever. Yes, we still get some condensation on some mornings but it's certainly not pouring off the windows.

Sponsored Links
I remember when i was younger i used to take a car door with me onto the beach in summer....

When it got too hot i would just wind down the window!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back