What is this switch in my airing cupboard

Sponsored Links
Gets stranger..... I think without being on site to look its difficult to ascertain further. My only theory at min is there is some restriction on the hot supply and the immersion is a coincidence!

Valve, brass body, usually red circular handle on top that is turned to open/close valve. Though you'd know if you'd turned it off im sure!

If you can trace the hot supply to the shower, should be a 15mm dia pipe, leading from the top of the cylinder to the pump. If this remains cold with shower on at a hot setting then it is a hot supply to shower issue.

Thanks, will try and check that. Will also get BG in for another quote for a new boiler, cylinder and other bits. Last one was over £4k - hence I never got it done. Not looking forward to that.

Many thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
Thanks, will try and check that. Will also get BG in for another quote for a new boiler, cylinder and other bits. Last one was over £4k - hence I never got it done. Not looking forward to that.

Many thanks for your help.

you only need a new shower pump (probably) get a local plumber to have a look before involving british gas.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back