Which adhesive for tile backer board on chipboard flooring

Sponsored Links
You need adhesive suitable for wood flooring.
Under the Q&A section for that tile adhesive there is a question regarding this. The answer is taken off the product bag I guess and it don't say yes or no however, I read it as no. The adhesive is for solid surfaces like concrete and plaster.

You need flexible adhesive suitable for sticking tiles over a wooden floor...

Always read application data sheet online. If there is not one avoid product..

I use 6mm thick No More Ply on chipboard flooring to tile over.
Seal the floor first with SBR bond.
Yes you can use that adhesive you linked if there is any bad levels that need to be corrected. I have used it in this situation without issues.
Of your chipboard is flat and clean then you don't usually need tile adhesive. I use the Mega Strength adhesive underneath the backer board, and the 25mm screws

OP,
Presumably you are gluing & screwing?
Use the same adhesive that you are using to glue the tiles.
Dont use a fast set but do use thin-set cementitious based powder that you mix, as much as you feel you can handle, with water.
First the water then add the powder. Keep cleaning your trowel & bucket - always have clean water & a sponge on hand.
I've sometimes simply screwed down backer board - no adhesive - with no subsequent issues. It depends on the particular situation.

Sponsored Links
OP,
Presumably you are gluing & screwing?
Use the same adhesive that you are using to glue the tiles.
Dont use a fast set but do use thin-set cementitious based powder that you mix, as much as you feel you can handle, with water.
First the water then add the powder. Keep cleaning your trowel & bucket - always have clean water & a sponge on hand.
I've sometimes simply screwed down backer board - no adhesive - with no subsequent issues. It depends on the particular situation.
Yes gluing and screwing.

Think I'll apply SBR primer and then use mega strength adhesive like the one below to stick the backer board.

Which tape and membrane (if any) would you guys recommend to cover joints? I plan to use mega strength adhesive between joints for extra protection.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back