Which GU10 dimmable LEDs? (BG switches and rotating dimmers)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'll be replacing some LEDs that have died after two years.

The current brand are Luceco

Light switches are BG (British General) electric. These include rotating dimmers. And also a few with a Shelly also wired in.

Thank you

Sponsored Links
Once upon a time I'd have said Megaman Dim to warm, but I'm kinda annoyed that out of the 100 I bought 8 years ago, around half of them have failed (used with Fibaro dimmers). At £7 a pop I was hopeful for better longevity

The Philips WarmGlow have been slightly better; only about an eighth of those I bought to replace the megamans have gone wonky, but I definitely prefer the light from the megamans..

Sigh

We used Megamans at the last place (that was 2015) and they were the only LED GU10s that I found to successfully dim. Things have moved on since then.

Phillips seems to get good reviews. Thank you.

But I'm out of the loop with these so keen to hear from others who deal with 100s of them as well as you.

Hah, no problem. Don't forget though; those who deal with 100s of them probably do it professionally (and are long gone by the time they're all failing) rather than live with them

Sponsored Links
If you want a light which has some ambiance, so the colour temperature changes, I would say little option but use smart bulbs, I have looked at controllers, and the TP-Link or (Tapo) do a press button turn switch
1729455985675.png
that does seem to link to their bulbs giving good control, well in excess to what one could expect from a hard wired set up. I have tried the switch, but not the bulb, I found we simply did not use the switch, voice commands worked better, so it became my door bell push.

But there are so many options, may as well be blind folded and stick in a pin. However hard wired options seem to be on their way out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back