Which tile adhesive to lay shower tray

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After researching the debate between using a mortar mix or tile adhesive for laying a shower tray, I’ve decided to go with tile adhesive.

Does anyone have any recommendations or thoughts on this? I was considering using the following product:

https://www.protilertools.co.uk/pro...e=1&gbraid=0AAAAAD5wbScjGkyE-uRftmMC1w8S6NSSY

Or would an S2 adhesive be a better choice?

I’m laying the tray on marine ply which has chipboard and OSB underneath.

Sponsored Links
In all the years I have been doing this I have never used sand and cement - lifted a few that have shifted and burst away from the floor though, especially on wood, never seen the benefit.

I use a flexible tile adhesive when it's onto a concrete base and I use silicone adhesives when onto wood/plinth, never had an issue but very much an each to their own.

Sponsored Links
In all the years I have been doing this I have never used sand and cement - lifted a few that have shifted and burst away from the floor though, especially on wood, never seen the benefit.

I use a flexible tile adhesive when it's onto a concrete base and I use silicone adhesives when onto wood/plinth, never had an issue but very much an each to their own.
would flex adhesive work for plywood?

Forgot to say the tray is stone resin if that makes any difference

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back