Who's to blame?

Sponsored Links
I wonder what happens to injured insurgents captured alive though? Probably as Pred says, they get treated (dunno if they get released to fight again though). But probably bang in compensation claims , against the UK Government (eventually)

This is why the soldier mentioned the Geneva convention.

View media item 68701

Just wondering, have the Taliban or Al Qaida signed the Geneva Convention?

Are we no better than the Taliban? I guess not in your eyes.

I wonder what happens to injured insurgents captured alive though? Probably as Pred says, they get treated (dunno if they get released to fight again though). But probably bang in compensation claims , against the UK Government (eventually)

This is why the soldier mentioned the Geneva convention.

View media item 68701

Just wondering, have the Taliban or Al Qaida signed the Geneva Convention?

Why should they we are an invading force they .If you care to read the trial article the soldier knew full well he was in breach of it.

He adds: "Obviously this doesn't go anywhere fellas. I just broke the Geneva Convention,"

Sponsored Links
The Geneva Convention is wonderful on paper, a superb moral code.

But in practice it's b*llocks to think it's anything but a guideline.

The Geneva Convention is wonderful on paper, a superb moral code.

But in practice it's b*llocks to think it's anything but a guideline.

Thats as maybe LMB but the soldier could be heard on the audio straight away talking about it so he knew full well he was in the wrong and no heat of the battle excuse.

Thats as maybe LMB but the soldier could be heard on the audio straight away talking about it so he knew full well he was in the wrong and no heat of the battle excuse.

Yeah I agree, But then he was trained in a classroom with regard to the convention. Surely???

Back