WI-FI TRVs- are these a thing?

There is such a thing but it's the integration with the heating and a level of automation that makes them useful.

I work from home some days so had a similar issue. As I have Home Assistant talking to Hive I bought myself a cheap underfloor heating actuator that replaces the TRV head:

Which I've connected to Sonoff mains switch that Home Assistant can talk to, you could replace this with a smart socket and stick a plug on the actuator instead.

I've then written a simple automation that checks the room temperature from a sensor in the room, the schedule of when I'm in normally in there and watches for when the Hive has turned on the heating to call for heat, if everything is right the switch powers on and the valve opens up if not it stays shut which is most of the time.
Hi Hllns- what system are you using to automate?
I’m thinking of building a simple manifold and possibly using underfloor heating actuators- but then I’d need to automate it…

Sponsored Links
Hi Hllns- what system are you using to automate?
I’m thinking of building a simple manifold and possibly using underfloor heating actuators- but then I’d need to automate it…
A simple Home Assistant automation as it's already linked in with Hive

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back