Wilko may be going bust

Went into my local a few weeks ago, lack of stock, plenty of spaces on shelves, a few tils only and the whole place looked empty n vast.

One of the reasons this can happen is that suppliers are not being paid on time.

So they stop delivering.

Sponsored Links
Home Bargains for garden and random stuff that's cheap, Savers for toothpaste and floss, screwfix and toolstation... most other shops aren't needed, apart from supermarkets. Wilko used to be good, but I think Home Bargs and Poundland overlap with them by about 50% and are cheaper.

Sponsored Links
S&M’s are everywhere, like Cossta’s

Blup

Not a big surprise. I often go into our town centre branch, and noticed for a number of weeks/months:
Stock was diminished
Staff looked stressed

And thought something was up.

Its a real shame, as I prefer it to Home Bargains for certain things. If I'm in town and need some DIY type stuff, Wilkos would be the place to go. See also many other things.

Didn't realise they employed so many people! Shame they couldn't put more on tills

I was in a branch yesterday, and one of the senior staff was shedding tears. It was apparently job related. I wasn't sure if it was relief or from actually losing her job

Sponsored Links
Back