Wing mirror needs replacing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hiya
my right wing mirror was yanked off. The car is a 1988 citroen ax. a beautiful lil thing but its blinded. :cry:

anyway, I bought a wing mirror with all the plastic casing but seem to prise the the old one off.

Can anyone suggest how i can sort it out?
cheers

Sponsored Links
dont know your car but most are heald on by screws / bolts which are accessed form behind *but from inside" car, if you see what i mean)

When I was in Barnstaple, I popped into the local VW garage to pick up a spare part and whilst I was being served, a young couple came in to collect a new mirror and they fitted it for them there and then free of charge! Top marks!

If only everything in life was as reliable as a Barnstaple VW dealership!

Oh minor point - Door mirror... They are mounted on the door, hence 'door' mirror.

Cars used to have mirrors mounted on the front wings, hence 'wing' mirrors.

It's not picky, it's just accurate! :p

mildmanneredjanitor said:
When I was in Barnstaple, I popped .....
Bit off yer patch there bruv .... long way to 'pop' ..... Best get on with Gordo's returns otherwise you'll be in the brig !! Or living in that new shed of yours !! ;)

Sponsored Links
I have had a quick google to see if there are any articles on replacing the mirrors, after all some people like to stick "M3-style" mirrors on pretty much any car! Unfortunately no luck.

So, Anna, if you want to do it yourself I think your best bet would be to get a Haynes manual (either from the library or buy one from Halfords or similar) and see if that covers it.

These things are not always apparent at first, but if you spend a good long time examining the new one and the old one in good daylight, you are bound to figure out how it fits. As Breezer says, they are usually held on by screws. You will probably have to pop off the internal trim panel, where the adjustment lever comes into the cabin.

Good luck

pipme said:
Bit off yer patch there bruv .... long way to 'pop' .....

Yeh, bit far North for me :D Saunton Sands... Lurverley!
Saunton%20Sands.jpg

pipme said:
Best get on with Gordo's returns otherwise you'll be in the brig !! Or living in that new shed of yours !! ;)

Well, seeing as I'm in the dog house, I would consider that as a step up on the property ladder... :confused:

hiya thanks dudes....i had a good old rummage round and found bolts and nuts under the panel, broke a few plastic twiddly things in the process though. to be expected i suppose..

the door mirror is now attached to the door. its a helluva pain to twiddle it into position though, it seems the knob is too big. Nowt i can do about that i suppose.

cheers again

Excuse me MMJ --- You have already forced this topic into panoramic mode !! ;)

anna preet said:
......... its a helluva pain to twiddle it into position though, ..........

Supposed to look into it from the drivers seat .. not bonnet ;)

Sponsored Links
Back