Worcester 4000 30kw maximum heat output at 80%

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have recently had a WB 4000 30kw combi fitted. I have been looking into ways of running the heating more efficiently and was intending on range rating the boiler down.

However, when in the settings menu, the maximum heat output set for the heating is at 80%, it won't go any higher than this, I just wondered why, is this normal is there a reason for this?

Many Thanks
Mark

Sponsored Links
You'd be best off asking WB if you're seeking to know the thinking behind it. My guess is that it's more like a 24kW boiler with the ability to boost to 30kW for a short period such as "having a shower", not intended to run at 30kW constantly for hours, but perhaps there is an "ECO" setting somewhere else that is limiting the upper value for this setting..

If you find it undersized for your property as a result, consider upgrading the insulation rather than the boiler

Last edited:
Thanks Robin, I've just had another look online at the specs, they say maximum heating output 24kw (which is 80% of the 30kw rating) so I guess the other 6kw is kept for hot water? and hence the reason the maximum you can put the heating up to is 80% - unless I've completely misunderstood, which is entirely possible!

Sponsored Links
Thanks Robin, I've just had another look online at the specs, they say maximum heating output 24kw (which is 80% of the 30kw rating) so I guess the other 6kw is kept for hot water? and hence the reason the maximum you can put the heating up to is 80% - unless I've completely misunderstood, which is entirely possible!
Unless you live in a huge or very badly insulated house, 24 kW for CH should be plenty. 12 -15 kW is more typical

Thank you, would it be beneficial to range rate it down to say 50% ? I live in a small converted 3 bed bungalow, with 9 rads?

Thanks

Thank you, would it be beneficial to range rate it down to say 50% ? I live in a small converted 3 bed bungalow, with 9 rads?

Thanks
If you recently had it installed then TBH your installer should have range rated and set it all up for you as per the rad/heat loss requirements.

If you have a good relationship with them then they shouldn't have any issue coming back to set it up correctly. That being said, if that was the case it should have been set correctly to start with.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back