Worcester weather comp?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I dont think that the 12Ri series boilers have any weather comp facility. Is that the case?

Which Worcester boilers do have weather comp?

Tony

Sponsored Links
Having seen the amount of corrosion on the baffles I'm not sure weather compensation is a good idea on these heat exchangers. :)

I thought with the special tool to remove them they were easy to change???

Now what about the weather comp?

Tony

Sponsored Links
Even the removal tool requires levering with a large screwdriver to unjam the lower baffle. This is on boilers a year old with favourable conditions - ie the tenants keeping the temp control at maximum :)

The tool needs modifying so I can attack a slide hammer or bearing pullers.

IMHO the heat exchanger is a little flawed at the lower edge since to achieve the efficiencies the flue gas is forced through tight gaps in the aluminium (by having the baffle a tight fit) but as debris builds up corossion starts where the condensate pools. As it blocks more, condensate pools in an increasing amount and more corrosion occurs.

Tony

There is no weather comp on the WB boilers.

Controls are not their strong point and our rep says there is little new on the horizon for the next 12 months.

If you want WC then the Vaillant 4 series can be fitted with it, if you use their VR65 wiring centre and VRC400 controller.

The only disadvantages are that the customer would have to get used to HW priority (therefore best upgrade to a modern insulated fast rec one) and a controller that takes three weeks to get the better of. Brings the video recorder joke up to date.

I find the VRC 400 pretty easy to use and set up. It's no different for the end user that the other 'turn & click' new Vaillant programmers.

Try finding in the manual how to invoke the inbuilt thermistor.

In fact try finding any reference to this feature in the manual at all. Most of our customers have found the Vaillant VRT/VRC controls unnecessarily complicated to use.

If you just fit Vaillant, and it is your job, one would hope you can crack it. For the general UK public, they are not intuitative at all.

The 2006-on Honeywell CM units are an example to all as how to make something usable.

A new set of Vaillant controls (similar to the ecoMAX based Exclusive range just announced) will be out soon, hope they are easier to use.....

Simon, I obviously don't know about this either or its purpose:oops:

Is it what gets activated automaticaly when using the VRC400 'off the boiler' as a room stat rather than when plugged into the front?

The controller changes the way it works in these situations and needs setting in the engineer menu for these differences.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back