1st Labour Tory blow up

Sponsored Links
The party in opposition has limited access to Treasury accounts and the full figures were known to Hunt and his minions. Reeves is just getting to grips with their criminal mismanagement.

I wouldn't bother trying to remove the scales from Murdo's eyes.

He's probably been shaking his head in disbelief since early July, bless 'im.

We will have to break our manifesto pledge and also raise taxes.
Not income, vat or ni which is all they said. I suspect not corporation as well. Avoidance might figure eg having to negotiate numbers with some corps due to where they place losses. They are keen on doing something about avoidance. They have also mentioned misuse of concessions in this area. More related to gains.

Some interviewers aren't mentioning corporation rates also being fixed. Naughty really as she has said that is fixed for a period but didn't mention it in this speech. Given who she told that it will be fixed I doubt if she will increase it.

The IFS now take a dim view of the £20b Hunt cut. Essentially Rachel is currently winning her argument. The OBR are talking about an enquiry.

There are a number of other cuts such as 2% on civil service back office costs and a few others,

Sponsored Links
Forgetting immigrant costs is an unbelievable but factual aspect.
It's all rather worrying really. The UK is in a rather fragile state. More so than generally thought. Something else crops up?????

It'll take at least one term of a Labour government to undo a decade of Tory austerity - and prove them wrong about that strategy. It was said to be the wrong way to go by the IMF at the time. Now Reeves has the chance to prove them right.
Labour had to tie themselves up in knots on tax and spending constraints to win against the liars….and now they’ve got to play some clever games to avoid austerity.

TBF public sector pay rises doesn’t sound like austerity

I am abroad. But unlike others I’ve never said I will leave the U.K. based on politics.

Sponsored Links
Back