50Amp Hager RCBO type A 30mA 6KA latest part number

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
In process of collecting some Hager RCBO to update my CU.

I am purchasing some miniture Hager ADA306G, ADA316G and ADA332G. I have a 10.5K shower on 2m of 10mm clipped cable. That Hager range don't make anything above 32A but seen a few different models available ADN150, ADB450G, ADA145G.

I am guessing I can get away with minimin 45A as last resort. but not sure which model is best suited to the ADA3 range.

Any feeback will be appreciated

Sponsored Links
For a 50A RCBO, ADB450G is the current product.
ADN150 is an obsolete Type AC. ADA145G is a 45 amp item which is also obsolete, replaced with ADB445G

I am guessing
Guessing is not valid for any electrical work.
What exact model of consumer unit have you got, and what is the 50A RCBO intended for?

Sponsored Links
For a 50A RCBO, ADB450G is the current product.
ADN150 is an obsolete Type AC. ADA145G is a 45 amp item which is also obsolete, replaced with ADB445G

Guessing is not valid for any electrical work.
What exact model of consumer unit have you got, and what is the 50A RCBO intended for?
Appreciate your reply.
I have old CU so plan is to repalce it and the tails also could do with some tidy up. Having a smart meter installed tommorow and was assured a 100A isolation switch will be fitted so thats a start.

Due to the limited space I have decided on this CU..So gradually buying brand new boxed RCBO from ebay when I spot good deals.
So far got hold of 2 ADA316G. Same seller had 3 ADA332G but sold very quicky.

Last edited:
Just bite the bullet and get a new CU fitted with RCBOs and SPD and a few spare ways ….
That is the plan after many suggested on my other post :giggle:
At the moment geting the shopping list sorted

Hum ......... I never fit parts like CU's sourced by customers

Get supply / fit / certificate / Part P quotes is my advice

@Joyrider you are driving down a cul-de-sac from which there is no return.

You are going to need a registered, competent electrician to carry out the work. Get them on board now.
You must agree your approach with him/her or you are going to end up with a box of untested parts that has cost you ££.
Low cost items on eBay are cheap for a reason.......
You'll spend your money then you will not be able to find and electrician who will want to be involved. Like Murdochat, I wouldn't touch it.

Was planning on getting the CU from online shop and 8 RCBO from ebay and ask a electrictian to fit these.

Fair enough only saving few ££ on ebay RCBO so get them new from shop.

But if I get these from online shop figured a electrical would fit them...but your saying electrician would only fit their own gear.

In that case I will get a couple quote..but I can only have this CU fitted due to the space.

Attachments

• Order.jpg
    Order.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 21
An electrician will not guarantee parts that he did not supply, nor exchange incorrect parts ordered in error.

An electrician will not guarantee parts that he did not supply, nor exchange incorrect parts ordered in error.
Don't I know it, I bought a new consumer unit, and all the RCBO's, I looked at the RCBO's clearly marked type B, I looked at the job, and realised at my age was going to be a problem re-routing cables, so got another electrician to do the job, A1 job, but on inspecting the CU all the type B were in fact type AC. When done, type AC were still permitted.

When I was working, we would but the gear at trade, and charge for it at retail, the mark-up paid for any work should any of the gear prove faulty. Of course, we hope that is not the case, but it means no arguments, faults are fixed free of charge. When the gear is not selected by the tradesman, then we get the situation, was it damaged when installed, or was it faulty, so the tradesman charges for his time to fix the fault, as he clearly does not think he has damaged it, and often the customer has selected lower quality in the first place.

It can result in a spark getting a bad name, so as @Murdochcat says, most simply say no thank you, don't want a job where I am not sourcing parts. There are also travel costs, if the spark uses a part on a regular basis, then likely spares on the van, so he just swaps it, but if he does not use them, he will have to visit twice, once to find the fault, and a second time to fix it. And it leaves no option for I will just swap it in case.

Thank you all. Based on what everyone is saying I will need to let the sparky choose the CU. My biggest concern is he will say he will only touch certain brands and to install in the tight space will need to spend several hours preparing the surrounding area before start the actual electrical work. This will turn in a major project when my current CU is still doing the job fine so will just leave maybe another 10 years.

I appreciate everyone for their time to reply here :giggle:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back