A 46-year-old man.

A landmark study in the Guardian has uncovered corruption “red flags” in government Covid contracts worth more than £15bn – representing nearly one in every three pounds awarded by the Conservative administration during the pandemic. The analysis, billed as the most in-depth look yet at public procurement during the crisis, warns that systemic bias, opaque accounting and uncontrolled pricing resulted in vast waste of public funds on testing and personal protective equipment (PPE). The review of more than 5,000 contracts across 400 public bodies identifies 135 high-risk contracts with a value of £15.3bn where investigation is merited due to the identification of three or more corruption red flags, which include a lack of competition, delays or failure to release information on procurement, and conflicts of interest in the award of contracts.

The Labour chancellor, Rachel Reeves, has said she will appoint a Covid corruption commissioner to examine an estimated £7.6bn worth of Covid-related fraud, with particular focus on the billions wasted on useless PPE.

Looks like the chickens have come home to roost, so don't put all your eggs in one basket @fillyboy

Sponsored Links
It doesn't help when people try to go full on Times-cryptic-crossword on the thread titles.
I'll second that.
I will say, in fairness to Mottie, he does usually make the thread title self explanatory:
What did you have for breakfast?
What did you do today?
What did you buy today?
Where did you go today?
Who have you got on ignore today?
How many have you got on ignore?
When did you last go shopping?
How many cats did you stroke today. (I had to call them cats, not kittens or any other pet name for cats. )
When was your last rectal examination?
What Brexit benefit did you find today? (That thread died a death. :giggle: )

;):giggle:

I might have imagined the last one. ;):ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
I didn't see biking post it on here. Can you show me?
the salient point being the arrest was made under the last administration- Sly Sneaky Starmer is too busy arresting political opponents and getting rid of elderly tory voters with winter fuel payment cuts to get any proper justice done

Not hearing much about the Post Office scandal since labour took over - i guess quelling free speech seems more important to the lefties

and getting rid of elderly tory voters with winter fuel payment cuts to get any proper justice done
I think Mick and Elton have been forced out of retirement. Poor them...

the salient point being the arrest was made under the last administration- Sly Sneaky Starmer is too busy arresting political opponents and getting rid of elderly tory voters with winter fuel payment cuts to get any proper justice done

Not hearing much about the Post Office scandal since labour took over - i guess quelling free speech seems more important to the lefties
About 800,000 people won't get the winter fuel payment because they don't claim pension credit despite being entitled. As Martin Lewis said just make people in the lower Council Tax bands automatically entitled to the payment.

is this the challenging 22 page 243 question document - LOL - most will just give up.

and then of course there is this
Analysis published in 2017, when Sir Keir Starmer was in the Shadow Cabinet, warned that Conservative plans to cut the fuel allowance for ten million pensioners would increase excess deaths by 3,850 that winter.

Last edited:
most will just give up.
No, that's just wrong, more people get it than don't so they must have filled in the form. How did they manage it if it was so difficult?

There should be more uproar about the numbers not getting pension credit, it will likely be worth much more than the, less than £4 a week, WFP. I don't remember you moaning about that?

We do have a free press, you know...............

Phase 6 sittings ended in July 2024, and phase 7 doesn't start for a couple of weeks.

So, no news is...........no news. (y)

More interested in the price of oasis tickets.

Still he seems to be delivering on promises. He’s made his government unpopular in record time.

Sponsored Links
Back