A lamp mounting problem

Sponsored Links
An old trick is a tube of plaster repair filler, e.g. Moltofill. Squeeze in as much as you can and push a regular plastic plug into the goo. Wait for a few hours and fix whatever you want to fix. Works 90% of the time unless you‘ve got extremely crumbly bricks or soft mortar.
Actually I would tried this one first if I knew how difficult is to fill ceiling holes with epoxy. I write this suggestion down, you never know when I might need this solution. Thanks

Which (it appears) that Augis77 does have.
I proceed to achieve my goals. Mixed epoxy and started to struggle immediately! Apparently it wasn't easy as I thought it would be! Epoxy was dripping, drying too fast, I bought expensive, two parts tube which was literally drying on me in minutes! Didn't lasted long. I filled those holes, not completely with nylon fixtures inside of each. This "ring" was a real challenge in my journey. Was doing something like a first time. Was sceptical and worn out. Also epoxy stench was barely bearable! All left was only wait. Next morning I woke up early. Turned off electricity, checked fixtures, surprisingly those fixed quite sturdy!
"If not now then all-over from zero" said I to myself. Set lamp to fixture and connecting was an easy task. I tried lightly to strip lamp down. It slowly bends, but fixtures keep it firmly. Lamp as simple instalment works great. Sure due to not so high ceiling, holes drilled by amateur like me are visible under specific angle but it doesn't bother me, old type pendant doesn't gets in my heads way, I can adjust led lights at intensity I need and so far quite happy with this. My work room is set to great lighting solution.
Thank you for all your help.

Sponsored Links
Apparently it wasn't easy as I thought it would be! Epoxy was dripping, drying too fast, I bought expensive, two parts tube which was literally drying on me in minutes! Didn't lasted long. I
The "dripping was to be expected, which was why I advised
"Place a disposable cover (e.g. Newspaper) over the floor underneath - to catch any "drips"."

The "Araldite" that I recommended in Post #10 was "Rapid" setting - for quickly affixing a wooden substrate to the ceiling.
(https://www.amazon.co.uk/ARALDITE®-EPOXY-TUBES-STRONG-ADHESIVE/dp/B072KS9M3T/ref=sr_1_7?crid=1OWY16RH9M0I7&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.mktIbGeaWMkhtanRs1-ylIfYPirF10SJsc50Xqp_dnTRtuc1d8Gegl067jLnp6V_5CLWKHn0bw8PRv0nVaIWeNOJNwEboTMjJJ8ey6HzpojlWfzoPWFK1CDhQvGPSh5tLl_B3uaGivr6rX_n6LNCrxvoA7yZhpTNBLaoHVK7al9f5Q1UnK6UzncSHKH35_5kgfnkLnu9hjY4sjz3yQHGSXecMUFTdp9C29d0KXIcxl0q_2VOKNKUuxeVfoXMxtqDkprh5TK5WU5FIMIjPC6etfoer2v0ymlN4badjRWXBOs.4e8AZlrV_T-4FNKnMZQfWsxbfFF-bi7A7mJrd6FR-_U&dib_tag=diynotcom-21&keywords=araldite+rapid+2+part+epoxy+glue&qid=1717460964&sprefix=araldite,aps,379&sr=8-7 )

For the job of fixing in the crumbly holes, I should have advised you to use "Standard" Araldite
(https://www.amazon.co.uk/Araldite-Standard-Multipurpose-Solvent-Free-Jewellery/dp/B00AU0MW1K/ref=sr_1_5?crid=16YE4ORSNKL75&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.mktIbGeaWMkhtanRs1-ylJWcq2d0xmA9fBF7KA2qaY-JinOVJ28NH8R9xBX8xpMjpb_UOdTlia6FPlHEpIYaYcxdQZZQTpn-BRluFj_GUhprIHckxyMwEoho9N8fWKncLgCRHcee-hGtI1YQ4D4ls822ANnd1IDLqvDJozlP65fg7PRI67IYfzOUPJAjLbXBAL8jf1CmJmhiiNjfPkVKthMn9z1qkNcgJ71NusPK_9Vx0AjnxWGt6yb3N13etgTIdFVZdxehdPFGAYIZIldU3jS_tO-RyMMO9UJL4PJcVZ4.fHDDYm5HhHlzXX4eE2WckRKiHucY8P914xST5aMtO3k&dib_tag=se&keywords=araldite&qid=1717829648&sprefix=araldite+,aps,1094&sr=8-5 )
which takes between 30 to 120 minutes to set.

My apologies.
Next morning I woke up early. Turned off electricity, checked fixtures, surprisingly those fixed quite sturdy!
Why were you surprised?

I advised you that Epoxy Resin "sets like a rock" - if mixed in correct proportions.

Back