After some advice: Mild tingle from shower when in use

the risk is one of something becoming inadvertently live, which had not been effectively bonded, and someone making contact between that, and something which is bonded, as seems to be the OP's issue.
Conversely - someone touching a live part and another part unnecessarily earthed rather than left isolated.

Sponsored Links
The client said they got a tingle as they got out of the shower. For sanity check I even got in the shower when done and proved to the client I wasn't getting shocked!
Then I had a message last night saying that it was fine to start with and towards the end of the shower got worse.
Of what material is the Shower Base
and
the Waste Pipe?

If the Waste Pipe is metal it may also require bonding.

The shower tray is made of acrylic. Not sure on the waste pipe but I will check on return. Due to the age of the property, I'd be surprised if it wasn't plastic. The tingle was felt in the hands. So, hot and cold copper pipes feeding the shower mixer tap from the shower pump. That's why I bonded them together. Unless there is something damaged cable wise in the vicinity. They haven't had any work done recently. Unless it's something that has slowly degraded. Access is limited so when I am able to get access I will update.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
The tingle was felt in the hands.
Which seems to indicate that the hands (finger tips) were touching different items - at the time.

However, it may be that the other "contact point" was "the feet", where the "tingling" was not noticed - because of the larger contact area and thickness of the soles of the feet (?)

("Tingling" is usually noticed at small area contact points.)

Because of the water involved, I suppose that it is not possible that this could be any form of "Static Electricity" !?!?!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back