Baxi 105e Expansion Vessel failed?

I spoke too soon! It worked for a bit after a few hours the rads went cool - I guess because of the pressure in the vessel. Emptying it and re-filling/pressurising it again has them back on it so at least that's something. There was no water pooling at the top of the diverter valve either so that's a good sign!

I'll order the expansion vessel and let you all know how I get on :)

Still curious why the diverter valve cartridge seems to be different - I am guessing Baxi made some variations of this boiler? (I noticed that my diapghram is different too - most 105e's seem to have the bigger one whereas mine has the smaller one).

My diverter valve looks like this:
Screenshot 2023-12-30 at 20.55.20.png

IMG_0857.jpg

But most I have seen (in YouTube vids) look more like this:

Sponsored Links
Thanks Ian - is there much difference between the two? I'm guessing the 'instant' means it has a pre-heat function whereas the non-instant don't?

Sponsored Links
Ah right, thanks! So will this expansion vessel fit my boiler?

It looks like lit might from the manual and this video:
Screenshot 2023-12-31 at 03.04.02.png

Although I notice in the manual it says: "To replace the expansion vessel and pre-heat store it is necessary to remove the boiler from the wall" but in the video they say it does not : /

Edit:

According to this page https://www.baxi.co.uk/trade/products-parts-and-accessories/parts/parts-arena it is the same part number (248722) but it has the cover on it whereas the one on eBay does not - does it look ok to you all?
Screenshot 2023-12-31 at 03.56.45.png

Last edited:
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Although I notice in the manual it says: "To replace the expansion vessel and pre-heat store it is necessary to remove the boiler from the wall" but in the video they say it does not : /
All depends on the flue and clearance to the ceiling above

There's plenty of clearing and the flue can be removed easily enough (it's not fixed as far as I remember, sp can be unscrewed then pushed out temporarily). I did read one thread where someone managed to get it out sideways, so I suppose that might also be an option.

yes if it has two pipe connections it is the correct one the 105E only has one connection

Great stuff, thanks!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back