Choosing wireless Microphones (Ed.)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to buy 2 microphones which will not be used very often for our residents' meetings. (Approx 150 people attending on average.) I am looking at the Lekato 2.4 ghz rechargeable wireless microphones at £68.00. Can anyone please advise whether they have any feedback on these or are there any better alternatives out there? Thank you for any help.

Sponsored Links
Ensure whatever you choose is usable in the UK without a licence (or get a licence).

https://cpc.farnell.com/qtx/vh2-173...-microphone-system-1738mhz-1748mhz/dp/mp34662 is a licence exempt set. No idea if they are any good.

2.4GHz is a crowded WiFi and Bluetooth area so may be subject to interference? .But exact operating frequency will matter as might the location.
https://www.canford.co.uk/TechZone/Article/UKLegalRadioMicFrequencies has some useful info and they are a professional supplier of such kit.

Thank you for all that information. I didn't realise there were so many things to consider, especially the licence part. At least now I shouldn't get a criminal record thanks to you. I will now do some homework, thank you again.

As well as the microphones, you will need a receiver that you can connect to the building's amplifier and speakers.

For amateur use, it is helpful to have an obvious on/off switch on the mike, and a competent person by the receiver so they can turn off the channel when a user absent mindedly carries his mike into the toilets or bar. You will want different channels for each user.

Sponsored Links
Cheap wireless mics tend to be rubbish and easily broken. If you can't afford the big names of Sennheiser or Shure I wouldn't bother.

Get a wired mic I.e the ubiquitous Shure SM58, and a cable. It will work, be simple to use, doesn't require batteries, won't pick up random RF and won't need a licence if you don't get one in the congested license free band.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back