Dead Horse

Depends who it was!
But that's not really comparing like with like.

Sponsored Links
Oddly there was a round of applause at my FILs funeral after a eulogy by his grand daughters

Sponsored Links
Depends who it was!
But that's not really comparing like with like.

OK, so you don't think animals going for slaughter should be treated with any respect, after they're just going to be killed anyway.

Having seen the uncropped image, its hard to believe the claim that the phone rang, so he sat down to take the call. These animals are groomed/bred to run as fast as they can and ignore the pain. This one seemed to die trying. It fuels the argument that horse racing is a cruel sport.

This one seemed to die trying. It fuels the argument that horse racing is a cruel sport.
Horses enjoy running. They do it voluntarily, and they are naturally competitive.
If you'd seen or ridden a horse when it's faced with a familiar situation such as a racecourse or training facility, especially with a noisy crowd, they are difficult to control, to prevent them literally taking off as fast as they can.

OK, so you don't think animals going for slaughter should be treated with any respect, after they're just going to be killed anyway.
That doesn't follow. They're alive at that point.

But as an aside, I don't eat animals.

Cooperating with Irish investigation....has he broken any laws?
It's not only to do with 'law', well depending on your mindset that is, the moral aspect also comes into it.

Yes the animal is dead, however surely it still deserves a level of respect shown towards it when it's still lying on the training ground/racecourse, no?

Imagine a family that own a pony/horse. They bought it when it was young and their kids have grown up caring for and loving it. It dies. I'd hazard a guess the family would be none too pleased if they found out one of the stable staff had sat astride the dead horse as it lay on the ground.

It's like I mentioned previously, some will simply think 'it's a dead horse, bred to race, what's the big deal?' whereas others will think the conduct of the trainer was wrong. I'm in the latter camp. Couldn't care less if any law was or wasn't broken as such.

Horses enjoy running. They do it voluntarily, and they are naturally competitive.
If you'd seen or ridden a horse when it's faced with a familiar situation such as a racecourse or training facility, especially with a noisy crowd, they are difficult to control, to prevent them literally taking off as fast as they can.

I used to ride and do agree horses enjoy running, they also have an herd instinct and if the herd runs, they will want to run with it - difficult to prevent it if you are on the horse.

Is this one of those classic difference of opinions? Is this one of those classic situations that are destined to divide us as a society for all eternity?

I have never liked anyone who doesn't like dogs. Some people don't get on with dogs, some people have a problem with filthy animals running free around their household, some folk are physically allergic to 'em.

Whatever their reason, I just don't seem to like people who don't like dogs.

If you cannot see a reason why you yourself would not be appalled at this trainers behaviour then we cannot ever be friends.

I do understand that maybe 'dark humour' played a part in his actions. I understand that it simply isn't possible for a horse trainer to not care for a horse's welfare & I do understand that there will be 'dark forces' that jump on any opportunity to disgrace the horsey set.

This man cares more for horses than all of you fukwits combined x10.

Sponsored Links
Back