Dealing with rusting old balconies

Sponsored Links
God forbid someone gets injured.......say kids swinging on those balconies or whatever.
Any claims will be directed at repairs carried out, or the original installation plus the individuals concerned, and the competency thereof.
It's called guarding one's own private parts.
Please be careful what you carry out - you can't carry the weight of the block on your shoulders! There's a difference between a few odd jobs and rebuilding.
No intention to patronise here!
John :)

Covers damage to property. Why?
If you are the last person involved in the maintenance of those SAFETY barriers and they fail for any reason, you will be the person held responsible.

Are you capable and qualified to assess their safety and security after any work you do? Does your insurance cover you for such work?

Will you sleep at nights if anything should happen ?

Sponsored Links
If you are the last person involved in the maintenance of those SAFETY barriers and they fail for any reason, you will be the person held responsible.

Are you capable and qualified to assess their safety and security after any work you do? Does your insurance cover you for such work?

Will you sleep at nights if anything should happen ?
I'm painting them only. No responsibility on my part for the fixings failing.

Btw on these balconies I'm using 40 grit (green paper) and 120 grit. I'm using the 40 to feather out the cracks and holes. Should I go over with 120 afterwards for a key. Scraping seems like a lot of work. Whats difference between yellow and green paper?
20240904_083034.jpg
20240903_180957.jpg
20240903_174541.jpg
20240916_141557.jpg
20240916_141554.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back