Dianne Abbot

e. As has been pointed out, many Jews look like white Europeans.
Only Ashkenazi Jews look like white Europeans, probably because that is what they are.
What race are these people.?
Jews of Kai-Fung-Foo, China.jpg
Jews of Kaifeng, late 19th or early 20th century

Sponsored Links
Me?
Whilst i agree that racists attack Jews for what ever reason, its not obvious to someone looking in, that they are in fact belonging to a race. As has been pointed out, many Jews look like white Europeans.
I have never been able to understand the hatred.
It might hark back to biblical times? Lots of mentions of the "Jewish nation" which is kind of an odd description nowadays. TTBOMK there isn't just one islamic nation or christian nation as such these days. Having said that the idea does remain in the minds of some members of various religions.

Sponsored Links
Me?
Whilst i agree that racists attack Jews for what ever reason, its not obvious to someone looking in, that they are in fact belonging to a race. As has been pointed out, many Jews look like white Europeans.
I have never been able to understand the hatred.
It's a weird one this race business. The expression "human race" makes sense to me but white race or black race doesn't seem like a thing. I can only assume that Racism isn't always about race?

She meant its more pointed because they are black. Easy for a regular Western Jew to melt into a white Europen crowd. Not so easy for a black/Indian/Asian.
At best she was clumsy with her language because what you've said is at least partially true, albeit there are certain stereotypical Jewish features that in some case might make it harder for a Jewish person to blend into a white European crowd than a none Jew.

But the offence she has caused is on the basis that she either wants to create a hierarchy of racism where racism towards black people is more serious than racism towards Jews, or she has just confirmed what a lot of people suspected in that the hard left doesn't really accept Jews suffer racism.

Either way, her views are pretty objectionable, and she's only appolgising because she's been pulled up on it, not because she's realised that she's wrong.

she has just confirmed what a lot of people suspected in that the hard left doesn't really accept Jews suffer racism.

Even the hard left within the Labour party have disassociated themselves from her.

DIANE Abbott has admitted that the events colloquially known as the Second World War were entirely new to her.

The member for Hackney North and Stoke Newington, who lost the Labour whip after a letter separating racism and mere prejudice, knew something happened between 1939-1945 but as it was mainly of interest to older white men had purposely ignored it.

She continued: “White people killing white people isn’t racism. I scarcely regard it as worthy of notice. It’s just what white people are like.

“But since the adverse reaction to the first draft of my letter – I wish you could see the second draft, it’s magnificent, but I haven’t written it yet – I’ve investigated and I’m shocked.

“It seems Churchill, a well-known genocidal racist, was actually fighting a war against someone who was an even more genocidal racist, which is so far-fetched as to stretch credibility.

“And this white man, let’s call him Hitler, was actually prejudiced toward some of the very peoples mentioned in my letter in quite an extreme way. So my apologies to them but not to the redheads. I was on solid ground with the redheads.”

She added: “One last thing. Why was it called World War Two? To me that implies there was a first.”

800px-Hasidic_Men_on_Street.jpg
I’m not entirely convinced these chaps can avoid standing out among a bunch of so called “white” people.

Somebody was trying to justify support for a hierarchy of racism.

Bit like the Basil Fawlty saying "Don't mention the war".
These days if you are in politics, its a case of, "Don't mention the jews", if you want to keep your job.

Sponsored Links
Back