Earthing problem/Fuse box

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, First post for me.

I have found a problem with the earth when fitting a new ceiling light. The metal casing of the fitting seems to be live, obviously I have disconnected it again a until the problem is solved, The other thing is I still have the old fuse box rather than trip switches. My question is. Any idea how much I would be looking at if I called a electrician in to replace the board and sort the earthing problem out, The earthing problem depends on the work however whats the minimum do you think I would be looking at for the supply and fitting of the board. Also do you think I might have to go for a complete rewire.

Sponsored Links
First of all you need to get the installation checked to determine the severity of the problem......then the electrician will let you know costings etc....prices differ a lot depending on your location (North / South / City / Middle Earth).........without seeing the problem its hard to determine what the cause is and would urge you not to go looking if your not 100% confident........

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back