Euro 2024

I thought so too at the time.

But as Ian Wright commented, it was a studs up challenge which would have been a free kick anywhere else on the field so it had to be a penalty.
Maybe so, but Kane kicked through the ball and hit the defender's foot on the follow through. It's a modern take on what makes a penalty and it's all ass-backward. At least it wasn't on England for a change. Worthy of the win, too, as they created more chances and controlled possession.

Sponsored Links
That's very kind. But I'm really not! All this talk of 6s, 8s, inverted full backs, false 9s, midfield boxes and wingers playing on the wrong side is too much to take in.

Will you still be in Spain for the final?
No. Daughters house.

It wasn't a penalty in the same way as Lampard's goal in 2010 was a goal...

But still, it keeps the 'hoi polloi' away from discussing more important issues :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
It wasn't a penalty in the same way as Lampard's goal in 2010 was a goal...

But still, it keeps the 'hoi polloi' away from discussing more important issues :rolleyes:
If there's anything more important than events in Berlin on Sunday night, i want to see them dragged before the court in silken chains and made to answer a few probing questions.

…Says Ellal, yet again refusing to acknowledge his own stupidity. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Screenshot_20240711-110039_Chrome.jpg

As thousands of England fans prepare for tomorrows final, they've been welcomed in Thuringia where the team is based by a small, dedicated cell of sleeper agents, ready to support them on foreign soil. East Germans who had no love for their western countrymen decided to follow England from an early age, refusing to support Germany even after reunification. Agents of misfortune, bearing our endless defeats at tournaments for many years they stand ready to join in the celebrations should England achieve the impossible dream in Berlin.
Their call signs will identify them to fellow English fans as 'Keegan' or 'Gunner', or a variety of nicknames designed to hide their disdain for all things German. Their greatest moment was watching Michael Owen bag a hat-trick against Germany in 2001 ("even Heskey scored!") but cheering them on to Euro glory would be their finest hour. Don't disappoint them lads.

It's going to be an interesting game tactically.

We've only played Spain twice before at the Euros and both times we have won.

Eleven more hours to kill.

It's going to be an interesting game tactically.

We've only played Spain twice before at the Euros and both times we have won.

Eleven more hours to kill.
The head-to-head record stands in England's favour: Played 27; England 14 - Spain 10...3 draws.

Not gonna call it til the fat lady's clearing her throat, though. :censored:

Which channel?

I think McCoist, Dixon and the ITV guy were very good as a trio the other night.

But I will stick with BBC. I like Gary Lineker and the half time analysts are less aggressive and surly.

Sponsored Links
Back