External 16amp unit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need an external 16 amp socket and seen this unit with a 16amp and 2 x 13 amp sockets.
I already have a cable running from the Fusebox to the outside location.
Could the unit be connected to the external cable and leave the fuse as is at the Fusebox or do I need a different connection

Attachments

• IMG_6629.jpeg
    IMG_6629.jpeg
    143.3 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_6639.png
    IMG_6639.png
    565.4 KB · Views: 68
Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply. I will contact an electrician as it is more complicated than I realised. Question can I have a twin 16 amp unit? What size would the fuse then have to be.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
The plug that plugs into it has no internal fuse, so regardless how it's wired or how many sockets connected the fuse must not exceed 16 amps

The Amazon box seems to have MCBs in it so if it’s fit for purpose the sockets should be appropriately protected regardless of the supply size (within reason). If an individual socket is fitted, the RCBO needs to be replaced with a 16 A one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back