External insulation board

• Thread starter Deleted member 294929
  • Start date
5A36EB6D-CA82-4FC5-B7E9-021C51945FA4.png

is that your idea as well Nosey? :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Sponsored Links
looks a mess. the spots are bodged and the centre join? what were you thinking?
It's not a join. The wall is cranked. The sparky was horrified when he popped to see us mid clad on the Hardie planks. He looked at all our diamond cutting stuff and said how am I supposed to cut holes in that! Hire summat I said.

One of the most difficult products I've fitted especially on a leaning ceiling.

If so that's what I'm thinking of doing.
I've insulated the loft. The cavitys have been filled but I think that's a peace if poo done by a piece of poo company
Get the piece of poo company back to suck it all back out. You’re obviously concerned about the damp implications. ewi on cavity walls isn’t really a thing. fyi ewi meshed and rendered circa 4-5k on average per elevation. going on current prices.

Sponsored Links
As long as you’re happy.
I don’t see the relevance to ewi board though?

Get the piece of poo company back to suck it all back out. You’re obviously concerned about the damp implications. ewi on cavity walls isn’t really a thing. fyi ewi meshed and rendered circa 4-5k on average per elevation. going on current prices.

I have got mould... Company went bust years back

The minimum thickness of external EPS is about 100mm to make it worthwhile doing. That sort of thickness can look a bit crappy on some houses - depending on the type and original finish of the house. The alternative would be PIR foam, which would need 50mm to achieve the same thermal value but much more expensive.

Another top job @noseall . I've always thought those semi-outdoor spaces were a good idea in this climate...shame you don't see them more really.

Another top job @noseall . I've always thought those semi-outdoor spaces were a good idea in this climate...shame you don't see them more really.
Thanks KA.
We slabbed that area with the more expensive smooth slabs, so they can pad around bare-foot. In fairness to the customers, they spared no expense. Internally its just as impressive. We moved the kitchen from the front of the house to the back, the DS loo was shifted to the CENTRE of the house (groan), we knocked walls out and put steel in, bricked up old patio doors and built stud walls. The utility room was the only thing that stayed put but was totally gutted and refitted. We knocked the garage down and re-built it and added another story to an extension I built 17 years ago. As well as all the landscaping. Oh and put new drains in back-front. Big spread out job.

As an alternative to render, some 1930s semi's near me have used a combo of render and brick slips to maintain the traditional look after getting EWI, and imo it looks really smart.

I imagine it's a bit pricier than spraying render on though

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back