Felling Trees? Do I need permission?

deff cut them down before asking.just check yourself before hand.

Sponsored Links
:rolleyes: I am not suggesting this an everyday occurrence. just a way of avoid the crazed tree huggers. I am still saying get permission if required, and then get on with it.

any how by the time anyone had a chance to complain about the noise the trees would be on the floor.. Objective achieved.

You are quite mad and giving bad advice.

I am not sure why it is bad advice.

Get the relavent permission, and then get on with it. Your getting a friend also to ensure that the work area is not invaded by crazies, putting yours and their health at risk.

I am sure you would much prefer roots growing into your foundations, and swampy chaining himself to your tree as it does it.

i think it is highly unlikely the court would fine you for cutting a tree down if you have the correct permission.

Guys, as ever lots of useful advice. Certainly would not put my head into the lions jaws and ask the council outright.

Took the bull by the horns and felled the 4 biggest (no TPOs but now left with the buts at 25' long and 52" dia!!). The remaining trees are not so big but shouldn't be a problem.

Tree huggers/nimby's not appeared yet but I wouldn't want to challenge a drunken scot covered in sawdust wielding a chainsaw! Am also well within my curtilage so would throw anybody off without a warrant.

So far, so good!

PS - Know anybody in the market for about 50 tons of logs!!

Sponsored Links

Get the relavent permission, and then get on with it. Your getting a friend also to ensure that the work area is not invaded by crazies, putting yours and their health at risk.

I am sure you would much prefer roots growing into your foundations, and swampy chaining himself to your tree as it does it.

i think it is highly unlikely the court would fine you for cutting a tree down if you have the correct permission.

because that happens so often. Are you aware of the effect removing large trees has on the water table and how that can affect foundations?

Because your posts are somewhat misleading. You start talking about obtaining the necessary permissions but then go on to talk about getting the tree(s) down as quickly as possible before anybody can complain or something about it. So you can't really say those two things together as the latter seems to me that "sod the licence, get the job done as quick as possible and then it's too late for anybody to say or do anything about it".

Maybe a slight typo? I'm sure you mean people would NOT prefer to have roots, etc...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back