First they'll give us the chicken...

Will we not know what we are eating?

Have you ever bought chicken nuggets or a frozen chicken pie? I think it's those sorts of products, not fresh chicken, that will start to get worse.

And the supermarkets already use marketing to fool us into thinking we're eating healthy chicken, and not industrial chicken.

They won't tell us they are using cheap, American chicken.

Sponsored Links
Simples - The US sourced chicken can be sold without labeling, however we should ensure any UK sourced chicken has the Union Flag. The UK consumer then has an informed choice.
I don't think you quite get it...

The trade deal with the US is dependent on no national labeling being applied and subject to 'TTIP equivalent' rules.

So how would that tally with your 'union flag' wish?

A country that is dominated by suppliers lobbyists may not want accurate and meaningful labelling.

Is US trade dominated by suppliers lobbyists?

Sponsored Links
I don't think you quite get it...

The trade deal with the US is dependent on no national labeling being applied and subject to 'TTIP equivalent' rules.

So how would that tally with your 'union flag' wish?

You suggesting the US are demanding we remove 'The Lion' from our eggs and other similar labelling?

You suggesting the US are demanding we remove 'The Lion' from our eggs and other similar labelling?
They are 'suggesting' that 'source labelling' is removed, and thus it will be a race to the bottom based on price...

And have you not noticed that given austerity most people in the UK go by price rather than quality?

They are 'suggesting'
'Suggesting' doesn’t mean anything. I could suggest a couple of things that you could do but it doesn’t mean you would. Well, you might have a go at one of them ..............(y)

'Suggesting' doesn’t mean anything.
yes it does:

"if you want a trade deal, we suggest you ensure source labelling is ignored"

just goes to show 'get back control' was a load of hogwash

All for 0.16% increase in GDP by 2025.

Farmers who voted for Brexit will get everything they deserve.

Canada
All for 0.16% increase in GDP by 2025.

Farmers who voted for Brexit will get everything they deserve.

Maybe.

farmer-pointing-double-barreled-shotgun-forward-west-country-123256043.jpg

yes it does:

"if you want a trade deal, we suggest you ensure source labelling is ignored"

just goes to show 'get back control' was a load of hogwash
Quitters won't ever admit they have been conned...

Even though they know they have been!

filly like to see people flouting gun safety.

With regard to chicken; there are 2500 factory-farm broiler houses for chickens in the UK, producing nearly 900m birds per year. 90% of UK birds are reared at a density of 19 birds per sq m, hardly any different to US standards. The sheds are artificially-lit, and the chickens spend no time out doors. They are slaughtered with no requirement to pre-stun. The only difference is that US chicken is washed in lactic acid.
Don't let's kid ourselves it's about animal welfare - it's not. It's about protectionism for UK/EU farmers to maintain higher prices for UK consumers.

Sponsored Links
Back