FLOOD!!! (lots of pictures, dial up beware)

death toll is up to 4 now.. some judge drowned in his car.. phoned his wife to tell her he was being washed away in the car... !!

Sponsored Links
To all that are at risk from flooding, I'm keeping everything crossed.

Sponsored Links
Richardp said:
We get flooded every now and then it usually happens all of a sudden :eek: .
epson001ca4.jpg
Every now and again, is that each wave ;)
You must be getting worried about the talk of rising sea levels?
Looks a nice house would be a shame to have to move.

Crafty....my thoughts are with you. Happy to hear the fishies are all intact!...as you and yours are also. We get flooding here from time to time....well not where I am....on top of a hill....but THAT (your pics) is devastating....
oh...Richardp....WHAT house on the left?...it looks like a big rock from where I'm sat ;)

Time for an update.

Insurance repair people been today, after ripping out laminate flooring from the neighbours' house. We have nice floorboards, why bother lol.

Left us with 2 fans blowing air into the void, the waters gone but its very damp, so theres a positive pressure envt down there now, the air being forced out through the air bricks. He said once its dried out, they will come and do a sanitisation treatment, which is a gas they spray down there, stops it smelling and kills germs etc. We have to go out for 3 hours though! He said he'd rather have put the fans in the void itself, on the ground, but since there is a chance of more flooding, he's left them on the floorboards blowing down. See pic.
dsc00581na4.jpg

The garden and pond water have also subsided:
dsc00585tt1.jpg

The water came right up over those bricks on top. We now have a net on top, to stop fish escaping if it happens again. :eek:

dsc00586di7.jpg

The water peaked at the level of the large planter, extreme left, about an inch up the shed. The decking at the top will need redoing, because it lifted, but it settled wrong. Theres something underneath thats stopped it going back where it was.

Please do bear in mind, nothing inside our house was damaged, and there are people much, much worse off than us because of the floods. Nobody else is sharing photos though lol :LOL: Less of the sympathy, I feel all guilty. :)

get out there and mow that lawn!

Looks like another belt starting tonight but the worst will be over the East coast late tomorrow

FSXX00T_24.jpg

ricicle said:
Are those two dead snakes on the gravel Crafty?
:LOL: No, its a couple of lumps of old lead pipe. My dad keeps saying he's going to weigh them in, but i dont think they are worth much.

can you prevent flooding in at least your back garden now by building a higher wall?

I guess you are governed at the front because you need to drive in?

Sponsored Links
Back