Gas in a static caravan - special quals?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
My friend is struggling to get anyone to fix the boiler in her static caravan, it needs a service and then the supply can be put back on to the fireplace, hob and boiler. However, having phoned around she's struggling to get anyone over to actually do the work... it made me wonder if a partuicular qualification/licence is required in order to do this type of work in a caravan? (And thus the tradesman decline the job)

Nozzle

Sponsored Links
it made me wonder if a partuicular qualification/licence is required in order to do this type of work in a caravan? (And thus the tradesman decline the job)

Yes - LPG ACS. The site owner, should know someone who is qualified.

Sponsored Links
That's interesting cos all the statics on my site are mains gassed
That's pretty unusual.

There's two new estates of houses in this village fed from large bulk LPG tanks buried in the ground and all have gas meters outside. Looks just like mains gas to the unwary/uninitiated. Builders sold them as "gas central heating" no mention of LPG.

Gas Safe have a search facility for LPG qualified techs... https://www.gassaferegister.co.uk/find-an-engineer-or-check-the-register/

Reactions: CBW

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    26.1 KB · Views: 45
if a partuicular qualification/licence is required in order to do this type of work in a caravan? (And thus the tradesman decline the job)
It would depend if it’s natural gas, lpg or other fuel source. There is also the need to have qualifications to work on appliances too.

I used common sense, and common sense suggests that the likelihood was that it would be LPG. Best you go back to bed, and get back out on the other side, perhaps.
Perhaps you did make a common sense guess but you my have given them wrong advice based on that, possibly, possibly not. anyway goodnight ;)

Why can the gas only go back on after a service?
Is it a service or a repair thats needed?

I have the ticket but actively swerve them.
We link a few new ones up but that's about it.

Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back