Gas in a static caravan - special quals?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
To be fair to Harry it was only a common sense guess, so easily done
No to be fair to professionalls who have to train and be assesed on LPG, then LPG cookers/hobs, and LPG fires then LPG Boilers some do LPG WAU, and reisdential static homes along side their other qualifications at considerable cost , no it is not common sence , not everyone qualified to work on LPG can carry out static caravan work

No to be fair to professionalls who have to train and be assesed on LPG, then LPG cookers/hobs, and LPG fires then LPG Boilers some do LPG WAU, and reisdential static homes along side their other qualifications at considerable cost , no it is not common sence , not everyone qualified to work on LPG can carry out static caravan work
I tried to defend you Harry, but guilty as charged it would seem

No perhaps about it I guess :)
Fark me, some people will argue about anything. Should we dial down the "my dad's bigger than your dad. Is not. Is too" and post something helpful to the OP?

Sorry wrong that is not enough to work on a static caravan
Ok, but would it be more helpful to say what is required in this case?

It made me wonder if a partuicular qualification/licence is required in order to do this type of work in a caravan? (And thus the tradesman decline the job)
I'm not sure it's possible to say from the limited information given. The best person to tell you why they were declining the job would be the person declining the job. This may then give you some steer as to whom to approach. Another option for finding someone capable would be to ask peer owners or the site (if it's on a site) management, but you'd still perhaps have to contend with availability being a problem; building industry is generally very busy at the moment

Fark me, some people will argue about anything. Should we dial down the "my dad's bigger than your dad. Is not. Is too" and post something helpful to the OP?

Ok, but would it be more helpful to say what is required in this case?
I guess it would, please do so and stop causing arguments!!

As suggested by @ianmcd , there is a specific module that has to be taken to qualify to work on what are classed as Leisure Accommodation Vehicles (LAV). I don't have LPG but I believe that Static caravans, regardless of where they are sited fall under this classification.
hi Rab it is actually Residential park homes for a static the LAV is a different qualification, LAV is for motor homes towable caravans etc, Yep totally agree just another complete rip off

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back