Guess how much.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
An acquaintance has just paid X amount to have his clutch repaired on his Nissan Qashqai.
Nissan Qashqai 1.6 petrol 2016.
Supply and fit new clutch and flywheel.
It took them a month to do the job, because apparently, those flywheels are like hen's teeth.
Have a wee guess.

Sponsored Links
£2,200?

I can see this is going to turn into this:

IMG_6649.jpeg

This will go a lot quicker if you just tell us how much.

Then a few of us can say "wow, that was cheap" or "bloody hell, are they made of gold" and we can all move on to something more important. :)

Sponsored Links
I have changed clutches myself so I'm not thinking it is a ridiculously big job, esp for a proper mechanic
4 hours at £50 = £200
parts = £100
add a bit on as things are always more expensive so another £100

Total £400 + vat = £480

aye, my eyes wouldn't pop out if they said £450

I have changed clutches myself so I'm not thinking it is a ridiculously big job, esp for a proper mechanic
4 hours at £50 = £200
parts = £100

Total £400 + vat = £480

Clutch plus dual mass flywheel. I would be surprised if you could get good quality parts for £450 without the fitting.

4 hours at £50 = £200
parts = £100

Total £400 + vat = £480

IMG_3367.gif

When did you last use a garage - 1985? I’d be shocked if you could buy the parts for £450

Ford charged £1000 for a rear wheel drive transit and £1500 for a front wheel drive transit full clutch 8 years ago.

Andy

View attachment 349583

When did you last use a garage - 1985? I’d be shocked if you could buy the parts for £450
jeez -
so how did I do with the timescale ?
I think the bloke that fixes my van charges 45 an hour and we just use parts from the scrappies - stiil expensive (with a capital F)

He paid £1,760. It's got £900 worth of flywheel on it.
The place that did it is a relative's garage and they assured him that it should have been a lot more.
Gone are the days of fitting clutches at my front door for £20.

Sponsored Links
Back