has the pub had its day

Sponsored Links
Pub food was always good value..proper pub food though not 'sizzling' steaks..it seem like every pub has turned into a Harvester ..where they wiegh the chips and count the peas.

And have the same stuff on every menu regardless of:-

The location
The "brand" (beafeater, harvester etc)
The clientele

These places are just faceless businesses with none of the character or individuality of the traditional pub/inn.

And why do they keep having to remind me that the chips are handcut, or where the beef for the steak and ale pie was bred, or that the salad contains rocket?

Devils Advocate..

Ok a smoker opens up a pub for smokers, who works behind the bar?

The landlord cant ask for smokers only to apply, employing non smokers is putting them in an environment that might be considered 'dangerous' therefore he will have to ensure he either removes the risk (how?) or porvides the staff with suitable PPE (ridiculous!)

So..open a pub for smokers only fair enough but your going to get pulled for discriminatory adverts.

This isnt about smokers rights its about workers rights, their right not to have to work in a environment that will harm them (eventually)

The other side of the coin...what a ridiculous situation when a guy gets done for smoking on his own, in his own van, out of normal owrking hours..he was causing harm to no one.

What ****es me off most is warning on cigarette pckets..why? is there any smoker out there who isnt aware that it mmight be bad for their health..but the Nanny state insists on letting us know..just in case we forget.. :rolleyes:

Ok two wrongs dont make a right..and it always makes me laugh when us smokers try to justify it by having a grumble about all the polution from airoplanes etc..
But in the same vane as labels on cigarette packets when not have health warnings printed on beer glasses like 'to much of this is likely to bring you out in cuts and bruises, wreck your liver, marriage, kidneys and make your nose turn red'

Perhpas fry ups in cafes should come with a disclaimer?

Mac Donalds, Kebabs, currys should have an health warning printed on them?

Doughnuts?...Pies?...Black Coffee?...Sugary drinks?....Butter?

More should be done on the drinks front..booze must cause as much damage as fags plus other implications like drink driving, broken homes, punchs ups...

We should be more like America..no booze in the street, legal age raised to 21 ..maybe 25 for women?

in a pub saturday nigth out in the sticks , 10 oclock all the happy eaters gone home, pub empty. is food really making the landlords a good living me thinks not :(

Sponsored Links
The other side of the coin...what a ridiculous situation when a guy gets done for smoking on his own, in his own van, out of normal owrking hours..he was causing harm to no one.
Totally agree Zampa.
What p****s me off most is warning on cigarette pckets..why? is there any smoker out there who isnt aware that it mmight be bad for their health..but the Nanny state insists on letting us know..just in case we forget.. :rolleyes:

Ok two wrongs dont make a right..and it always makes me laugh when us smokers try to justify it by having a grumble about all the polution from airoplanes etc..
But in the same vane as labels on cigarette packets when not have health warnings printed on beer glasses like 'to much of this is likely to bring you out in cuts and bruises, wreck your liver, marriage, kidneys and make your nose turn red'

Perhpas fry ups in cafes should come with a disclaimer?

Mac Donalds, Kebabs, currys should have an health warning printed on them?

Doughnuts?...Pies?...Black Coffee?...Sugary drinks?....Butter?

More should be done on the drinks front..booze must cause as much damage as fags plus other implications like drink driving, broken homes, punchs ups...

We should be more like America..no booze in the street, legal age raised to 21 ..maybe 25 for women?
Yeah but you HAVE TO eat and a small amount of alcohol has been proven to be beneficial to health. NO amount of smoking cigarettes, Cigars, Pipe etc has ANY beneficial effect on your health. I realise there is a debate on the benefits of Cannabis Smoking for pain relief but that is a totally separate subject and discussion.
Now Yes, food and alcohol can be abused or should I say, people can abuse their bodies with them... that sounds even worse!!!... Anyway, you know what I mean. But those people would do that anyway. Just as Smokers will smoke anyway. I agree with your point. I don't see any point in printing all that stuff all over Cig packets but our dear Government seem to think its a good idea and they must know best... :rolleyes: But no, other than DANISH, I don't want anything else branded across my Bacon thanks. :)

You dont have to eat fry ups though

In the same token that we have to be constantly reminded that smoking is bad for us..in case we forget shouldnt there some sort of warning on Junk food?

In fact id like to see some of the **** that is aimed at the younger generation like pot noodles and those vile twislers banned completely

You dont have to eat fry ups though

In the same token that we have to be constantly reminded that smoking is bad for us..in case we forget shouldnt there some sort of warning on Junk food?

In fact id like to see some of the s**t that is aimed at the younger generation like pot noodles and those vile twislers banned completely
You mean Pot Noodles aren't good for you? :eek: Yeah but if they ban twislers they might move onto Kebabs!!!! :eek: Then what would we eat if we ever did go back out for a skin full :LOL:

:LOL:

Do you know why Doner Kebabs are tha shape?..its so you can cuddle them easy..

Ive woken up many a time on the sofa at 8 in the morning embracing a large one

Er..Kebab that is... :rolleyes:

Interesting topic.....

I personally know a few people including my ex (and still good friend) who used to call in for a few jars on the way home from work but now just go straight.

what's going on ninebob? :eek:

:LOL:

Do you know why Doner Kebabs are tha shape?..its so you can cuddle them easy..

Ive woken up many a time on the sofa at 8 in the morning embracing a large one

Er..Kebab that is... :rolleyes:
Me too :D now what's that you were saying about kebabs?

why not shut pubs and open restaurant's then maybe someone could open a place were you could just smoke, maybe even buy a drink , but what could we call it such a place. :confused: smoking rooms anybody got any idea's:LOL:

Maybe you could have a smoking room, and a seperate room where you buy your drink. Maybe call it the tap room or something?

You could even have a 'lounge' too.

Oh wait....

Sponsored Links
Back