Haynes manual or equivalent

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know of an equivalent to the Haynes manual for a Seat Toledo. Getting a few problems just now which include a hissing when accelerating, engine running slightly on after ignition switched off and oil warning light and beep coming on when overtaking at speed (i.e dropping a gear). Also, why do manufacturers attach the starter motor to an engine mount??? Apart from the obvious, to get you to spend your money at the garage!!!! :(

Sponsored Links
I was about to say "Of course there is a Haynes manual for the Seat Toledo!", but just as you have no doubt done before, I checked their website to find out otherwise.

Haynes don't seem to make a manual for the late model VAG cars: the Golf and Bora (which share the same mechanicals as the Toledo) are only covered up to 2000. And the Skoda Octavia (again, same mechanicals) isn't covered at all.

Even common-or-garden cars such as the Vauxhall Astra and Ford Focus are only covered up to 2000/2001. Perhaps Haynes isn't doing so well anymore... another casualty of the "Let's all build cars that can only be serviced by franchised dealers" approach.

Anyway, if your Toledo is 2000 or earlier, try looking at the Golf Haynes manual for anything mechanical. Would probably be the same with later models too. Can't hurt to borrow one if you can.

I can offer a possible soln to the hissing under acceleration: have you got a snake trapped under the pedal?

Dunno what you do for a living, but you should be a comedian mate! Now I'll need to find out from someone how to stitch my sides backup. Later. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Are you sure it's not running hot caused by our recent ,3 day long, summer?

Talking about haynes manuals aren't they c**p compared to years ago.

Yes. Give me the 60's and 70's editions anyday.

Mind you, it's ****ing difficult trying to change a 2001 Tranny clutch using a Hillman Imp manual....

What about the seat cordoba? I do know haynes have one.

Regards the hissing and running on ... check around the air intake, see if any vacuum hose connections have split or been pulled off .. sometimes removing the air cleaner can disturb/disconnect tubes in this area, leading to air leak, noise, weak mixture.
Oil warning light .. if pressure and not a measure of oil level itself, either faulty wiring, faulty pressure switch or very low oil pressure the latter being expensive in time and dosh !!
P

Sponsored Links
Back