Health check Privately

• Thread starter Deleted member 294929
  • Start date
Sponsored Links
A consultant in the field said all men get prostate cancer but most die of some5hing else first

My body has been been through so much shįt this last year (4 years). I've had blood tests all different types of scans & biopsies.

My problem regarding the NHS is one department know a nothing about the other department. So I've been left wondering around on my own.

So If I could get one in house full body check that I'm hoping will send me in the right direction.
yes i found very miss jointed with information doctors surgery one load off tests and reports AXE seperate [heomoglobin 46 rather than 135+] and under gastro bowel department [colon rectal]with then last years test and results all uncollated so 3 seperate levels off action working off own tests and information so fully disjointed although i think now 3 years on they can source all information but frustrating trying to be an administrator collating all my results medicine changes and actions required as a mere mortal

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
My brother had treatment for very early prostate C so I asked my GP about a PSA test. She's very good. She told me the percentages and how the blood test wasn't great. She was keen to do the finger test as it's free of cost and diagnostically quite useful.​
I was a bit surprised, partly I admit, because she's a rather fullsome young muslim who dresses accordingly. So it felt rather odd on two levels.

It did cost a rubber glove.

I had a full body MRI recently, which apparently would have cost £400 privately (plus radiographer costs for interpretation) also a scintigraphy scan, which is interesting if you're into that sort of thing. Cost for that is surprisingly low, under £200.

Prostate tests: While stooging around for costs, I found:

The study also found that black men responded to the screening invitation at one-fifth the rate of white men, a significant concern as
one in four black men will get prostate cancer, double the rate of men from other ethnicities.

So if that's you, get to your GP.

Last edited:
Back