Help me please....boiler cut out after bleeding

In that case it looks like two totally seperate problems.

Sponsored Links
breezer said:
I was just thinking suppose when combi fitted they left the tank?

Johnvixen, have you been in the loft yet? and is there a tank? does it have a white pipe?

I haven't looked in the loft yet as you suggested it shouldn't have one.
I had a quick scarper before but couldn't see a tank anywhere.
I'll take some digi cam photos will this help?

pictures speak a thousand words

yous should not have a tank for a combi, but as the thers mentioned you may have 2 problems this being the 2nd

oilman said:
corgiman said:
WOW this is a touch too confusing for me will hand completely to the others. let me know how it turns out sorry :p

You did an excellent job laying the foundation for this, come back as soon as you've had a strong black coffee, we'll need your support for this one :rolleyes:

I will say cheers a lot oilman if you werent taking the micheal mate :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
ok here goes.
This is where th boiler is situated upstairs in the bathroom.
IMAG0487.JPG

This is a photo of the boiler
IMAG0486.JPG

This is a photo of the gauge
IMAG0488.JPG

This is a photo of me looking out of the bathroom the boiler is on my left and the water white pipe is just outside below the window in this picture.
IMAG0489.JPG

Here is a picture of the pipe located between the first and second floor of the house. As you can see it is some height. You can see the side gate below.
IMAG0490.JPG

Yes i did stop it!!! :LOL:
I opened the bog lid earlier though to see if the ball was being silly but it didn't seem to be overflowing. The toilet is filling back up but the drio hasn't come back yet.
What the hell caused that then?
All i know is last night the boiler and the toilet were being very loud.
Do you think the bog is effecting the way the boiler is working?

i doubt it it may have been to do with water pressure, but as i have mentiond i am not a plumber or heating engineer, so i am not too sure, other than maybe the toilet valve has got dirt in it

breezer said:
i doubt it it may have been to do with water pressure, but as i have mentiond i am not a plumber or heating engineer, so i am not too sure, other than maybe the toilet valve has got dirt in it

The trickle came back when the bog was full much stronger this time.
Any suggestions how to fix/clean it?

this may sound the obvious first point of call john, but have you read the boiler manual to see if your overflow pipe is related to your boiler and if it may give you any tips on your boiler problem. Have you also checked that your room thermostat is turned up full to get the rads cooking?

I am not sure how the pipes are connected. It's a new house we have moved into.
I'll do what you suggested.

It is caused by one of two things.

1) dirt being stuck in the valve keeping it open

2) valve given up

an old plumbers trick is if your ball valve is connected by a metal rod to the valve you bend the rodd down slightly so that the ball rises "earlier" and stops the water flow.

Or you can turn the water off take valve apart and clean it (it could be a bit of dirt that is very small)

Or get new ball valve

Yes i see what you mean, it is plastic though so i can't bend it.
This sounds like a really stupid question but what is the valve? is it that button when pressed stops the water being filled? it seems to be never ending releasing water.

yes it's the button at the base of the arm which cuts the water off when pressed. To check it's your loo overflow the best way is to turn off your isolation valve to the cistern....you are supposed to have one but i wouldn't guarantee it!

yep, thats the thing, looks like you will either have to replace it or clean it.

incidentally if as it overflows the noise is annoying you, tie a piece of (long) string to the pipe and take the other end to the floor /drain /flowerbed. the water will run down the string not making as much noise

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back