HERE ARE MY TOP 5 WORST TOPICS ON THIS SITE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
NO 1. looking to install a shower unit about 1200 x 900.
any opinions on reliable makes and suppliers of a sliding door for the above
NO2. I am replacing my toilet system in my bathtroom and when I come to fit new pan the plastic soil pipe going out yo the stack is too short can I extend this pipe or is it a push fit into stack and just nees replacing with lonber piece?
NO 3. when performing a safety check if the gas fire was removed for a flue check and the closure tape needed replacing would you tell them that it needs servicing or replacing the tape is part of the safety check.
NO 4. i've just had a newish hot water cylinder fitted by a qualified plummer (allegedly) he had to fit new couplings etc. now every few days the hot water goes cold, to get it going again i drain of a couple of pints from the drain valve outside and its ok for afew days.c/h works ok.boiler is 6 years old, the hot water is gravity fed from boiler(cylinder directly above)old cylinder had larger bore fittings,boiler is a IDEAL classic. Had a problem with pump sraight after plummer left, impeller came of motor.after he suspiciously adjusted pump on his way out through kitchen,(coincidece) thankful for any advice By newish less than 6 months old. mate had new combi boiler fitted.
NO5. I've got an ST55 waterpump that works a toilet cistern, 2 sinks and a bath/shower. They are all within 20 feet of the pump. Last night it stopped pumping hot water. There is no problem with the cold water. (yet) The flat is 4 years old so the pump is probably 5 years old. I was wondering if anyone had any tips, is there a reset button ? is it handy to service ? can I get a replacement in Dublin ??

Sponsored Links
We all agree with you so to bother us all again with it on your first post is very relaxing for us.........

I can't see what the problem is, there's no harm in people asking.

Sponsored Links
Agree with corgiman really, but masona, there is an underlying point that many of these are asked over and over again because people can't be bothered to search....... Enuf already.......

bathjobby said:
Agree with corgiman really, but masona, there is an underlying point that many of these are asked over and over again because people can't be bothered to search....... Enuf already.......

:idea: hey fellas, ever heard of item 1

you can always point them to that, and yes i am being serious

Up to about a year ago, most of the queries were reasonable, then the rot set in with all the moron questions asked by bone idle people who often can't understand the answer when they get it. So there!

eye_anim.gif
eye_anim.gif

bathjobby said:
masona, there is an underlying point that many of these are asked over and over again because people can't be bothered to search....... Enuf already.......
Yeah, I can see your point, there'll come a time when all plumbing questions has been answered and you lot will be redundant with the auto-answering shouting " SEE ITEM 1" :LOL: ;)

perhaps the first person replying to any post should say somthing like

"hello and welcome mrX on your first posting have you done a forum search "
then whatever answer that appropriate to follow

if every first reply was worded along those lines the message would get across as the casual first timer would see that message in the first few posts he reads ;) ;)

One of the problems when you do a search is that there are so many postings found & you have to trawl you're way through them & has been said 'we are all guilty of being lazy.

ALSO

We are all so guilty of going off topic.

BUT

Thats the fun of chatting on here. :LOL:

most off the time going of topic is a good thing it make people read threads they may otherwise miss :LOL: :LOL: ;)

as for being lazy and going off subject :rolleyes: :rolleyes: whooo mmmeee :eek: :LOL: :LOL: ;)

Sponsored Links
Back