How to set up a circuit to have 3 switches control 1 light

Exactly. I said the vast majority of intermediate switches were 1 gang, with the Contactum 2 gandg intermediate in mind as part of the minority.

Since the Contactum one is an old design (though for all I know their current range may consist of a 2 gang intermediate) I hardly thought it worth mentioning at this stage.

But there's no point wiring for an intermediate being on a multi gang plate if you don't need to. It will limit your choice in switch plate design,

Sponsored Links
I've not seen many. The link shows a discontinued range by Contactum. Always best to plan your wiring so the intermediate is a stand alone switch, as you may not get the right accessory in your chosen design, and grid won't offer a perfect match either.
Somewhat to my surprise, there seem to be quite a lot out there, in all sorts of designs - but, yes, what you suggest/advise is the safest approach, particularly as regards the possible need for replacements in the future.

Kind Regards, John

Contactum do make a 2 gang intermediate switch in their current design. just looked it up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back