How's your luck with Premium Bonds?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
4.4% of £100,000 is £366 per month

£75 is less than 1%...............(n)
We cashed our £100,000 pb's in just under a year ago when the average payout was something like 1.5% or thereabouts. We each put £20k into a 1 year fixed ISA at 5.1% and £30k each into a 1 year fixed monthly paying bond at 5.77% which paid us @£145 per month - almost 6 small PB prizes each month - guaranteed! Funnily enough they will have matured this week. Been on the phone only this morning giving instructions of where to move them to. Rates are not quite as good now so each of us are moving our 5.1% ISA's into another 1 year fixed ISA at 4.88% and adding £20k from the bond to it. Going to put the remaining £10k from the bond in our Chase saving accounts which are paying 5.1% fixed until Jan 2025 with no penalties for withdrawals and use that for holidays or home improvements etc. We now have just under £20k in pb's. So £50 in the last few months ain’t that great either. We might as well move them into the Chase account and get £85 a month for them. You could be getting £425 a month from Chase for your £100k although you would have to pay a bit of tax on them.

What's next, new bathroom fitted by Mottie?

Andy
Nah. Finish all the little niggly bits in the kitchen. Shelves, painting, paint the skirting and architraves, fit a blind, get a new set of pots and pans, new crockery, new cutlery, new table and chairs, paint or replace the wall unit, yada yada yada…..

Then she wants to carpet the lounge, hall, stairs and landing and bedrooms.

The main bulk of the kitchen is done and all the appliances are up and working. It wouldn’t be a proper Mottie job if it was all finished in one hit - that’s my trade mark. Anyway, the 'kitchen stylist' is still deliberating on a colour scheme. Can’t make her mind up. Gone through 5 tester pots so far - can’t decide on elephants breath, rhino fart or baboons bum……..

Me 3.57%
misses - zero
Son - zero

Thinking about putting £19K each from me and the misses in our Chase accounts ...........

Sounds like a lot of you have a good few bob invested for very little return hoping for the big win

Sponsored Links
Back