Increase petrol mower rpm

Sponsored Links
Sorry fellas I thought I was replying in the newer thread by the OP
You're forgiven

Sponsored Links
This is why i want the rpm to increase.

I have the throttle set at HARE & have bent that rod as mentioned on the carb,did it in situ so assumed it moved ?
It will take ages to cut lawns like this so what do you think ?

SHORT VIDEO CLIP HERE

Actually watching the video it looks faster that what it actually is ha ha

Well i did assume i bent it but it was done it situ.
Isnt there a sure way to bring rpm up more so at least the speed of the thing moves along quicker.

Does adjusting the self propel new cable help with this ?

This grass isnt long & mower crawls along,any grass that is a bit higher i think it will struggle

The self propel cable has no effect on the engine speed.
Unfortunately there aren't any adjustments to be made by a screwdriver or whatever - other than it's idle or tickover speed.
All you can do is to ensure the machine is getting full throttle when the handlebar lever says it is....any more movement should bring the choke on.
As far as I can see, adjusting the rod I mentioned is the only way to go.
John :)
P.S Heading for Spain in an hour, so may be a little difficult to advise from there!!
J.

Isnt there a sure way to bring rpm up more so at least the speed of the thing moves along quicker.

I think you are expecting too much from it. It needs to move slow enough, to make a proper job of both cutting the grass, and at the pace of an easy walk - nothing more than that.

Does adjusting the self propel new cable help with this ?
The self-propel cable simply engages, or disengages the clutch/drive. It doesn't adjust the speed at all. The speed is set by the tortoise/hare engine speed adjuster.

Is this the part you tried bending

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240915-135838~2.png
    Screenshot_20240915-135838~2.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
So in the photo you are saying bend it TO THE RIGHT correct ?

Attachments

• EaseUS_2024_09_15_16_40_07.jpg
    EaseUS_2024_09_15_16_40_07.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 5

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back