Ironic traffic police

Sponsored Links
The lorry drivers seem to have a load of followers too a housewives have been phoning them to say "Go on, go for it - we are behind you." or are they just held up on the school run?

whilst were on about police... you seen the new hand held speed cameras? can pick you up from a mile away then they pull you when you pass them? nearly got me earlier. they have a red unmarked car behind the police car so you cant easily see them

andrew2022 said:
whilst were on about police... you seen the new hand held speed cameras? can pick you up from a mile away then they pull you when you pass them? nearly got me earlier. they have a red unmarked car behind the police car so you cant easily see them

Good job you were going fast enough then :)

Sponsored Links
andrew2022 said:

There are two rules the police must stick to when using these:

Are they (the speed detector users) visible from 100m away?

and

Do the police have good reason to suspect you of exceeding the limit?

If they are not or haven't, then you have a case to answer.

securespark said:
andrew2022 said:

There are two rules the police must stick to when using these:

Are they (the speed detector users) visible from 100m away?

and

Do the police have good reason to suspect you of exceeding the limit?

If they are not or haven't, then you have a case to answer.

not visable from 100M. because of the car, and the bloke partially hiding behind the car, its more like 60-70M before you can see them. the road is a long straight road. bus lane left, other traffic right. they were left lane just after the bus lane ended in a recessed bay.

was on TV a few weeks ago about it. they can detect you speeding from upto a mile away. apparantly if you were speeding they would pull you and 'alert' you to the speed you were goin. if you were speeding excessively they would nick you

also, do you have any official links to the 100M thing? does that also apply to talivans?

Well according to a Mr Q Willson, these rules apply to all mobile speed detectors.

I'll look around for more info.

Not found anything yet, but this is interesting:

http://www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk/speed1.htm

Sorry. Can't find it.

But you could try looking up Quentin Willson. His page in the Sunday Mirror on September 11 2005 carried some info about this. Maybe someone could e-mail him? Not sure of his address....

securespark said:
Well according to a Mr Q Willson, these rules apply to all mobile speed detectors.

I'll look around for more info.

Not found anything yet, but this is interesting:

http://www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk/speed1.htm

Sorry. Can't find it.

But you could try looking up Quentin Willson. His page in the Sunday Mirror on September 11 2005 carried some info about this. Maybe someone could e-mail him? Not sure of his address....

just lookin thru the site you linked to me and came accross this

Preparing for Trial Examine the ticket a few times. Look for mistakes on the ticket such as a wrong name, time, date, or location

this is for if you have been caught on a gatso.

does this also apply to parking tickets? i.e if they get the street name on the ticket wrong? (even if by 1 letter?)

This is Quentin's e-mail address at the newspaper:

[email protected]

I'll e-mail him and see if he can back up his claims with laws...

Yeah, those tips are for gatso's. Also look out for the date you receive the NIP. If it's more than 14 days from alleged offence, bin it!

Parking tickets - the attendant actually has to attach the ticket to the vehicle to serve it correctly - if you drive off before this has taken place, you are away scot free. Any attendant who tells you they've started writing so it's too late is pulling your pl0nk3r.

I have e-mailed Quentin and will let you know any response I get.

I saw Quentin Willson and Tiff Needell at the London Motorshow back when I was 14. They stood up on stage, bragging about how fast they drove through Birmingham once. Despite being an adolescent who's main hobbies included looking at girly mags and popping zits, I knew even then that before me stood the saddest two people I would ever meet. I am yet to be proven wrong. :confused:

Since that day, I have lived my life by three ambitions

1) Be an astronaut
2) punch Quentin Willson in the face
3) kick that smug powersliding fool Tiff square in the nuts.

At least two of those ambitions are attainable. :eek:

You want to be careful implying that TN doesn't have any nuts - could be libellous...

If I was to target drivers doing 80 and above I would do virtually everybody on the motorway, but that would just clog up the system. People are speeding all the time but you have to be sensible. I am after the really dangerous drivers, people doing 90mph and above. They'll get an automatic fixed penalty. Anyone doing over 100mph will be prosecuted and in most cases disqualified."

doesnt this tell us all that the 70 limit is way way to low as we are all going over it should the powers that be not acknowledge this

90 if its clear is not fast

Slogger said:
If I was to target drivers doing 80 and above I would do virtually everybody on the motorway, but that would just clog up the system. People are speeding all the time but you have to be sensible. I am after the really dangerous drivers, people doing 90mph and above. They'll get an automatic fixed penalty. Anyone doing over 100mph will be prosecuted and in most cases disqualified."

doesnt this tell us all that the 70 limit is way way to low as we are all going over it should the powers that be not acknowledge this

90 if its clear is not fast

I think one expensive way forward is to post variable speed limits on LCD displays on motorways. So on the M1 near junction 34 at Sheffield, the limit would usually be 50, since nobody usually goes over this here, and on the M18 where its usually open road, the limit would be 80-90.

i think motorways should be 80 anyway. as we all know, motorways are open and you can usually see long distances ahead of you so you can safely do 80 (altho if there is loads of traffic then you have to slow down a bit, but youd have to do that anyway)

Sponsored Links
Back