it seems that he's gone :-)

Anyyone who looked into the forum today (well, now yesterday - Saturday!) will know the answer to that, but, since all traces have now been vaporised, there's nothing left to show you :)

Not all traces... All the threads he started, were deleted, including the replies, all his nonsense replies in other threads were deleted, but where his posts have been quoted in a thread - they remain.

Yes, I reported him too..

There are a few genuine posters on the forum, who seem lacking in even basic skill, and he at first seemed to be of a similar type, and so, like others, to time to answer some of his questions. It quickly became apparent, though, that he was simply trolling.

Sponsored Links
I still haven't worked out whether he was a genuine idiot that happened to come across this place, or whether it was someone on the wind-up!
We'll never know for sure but, although others clearly disagree, I'm inclined to think that he was a genuine idiot, maybe aided by language and/or 'cultural' and/or whatever factors. To be accomplished at 'winding up'really needs more knowledge than he seemed to have - unless, of course, it was all a 'double bluff' :)

Not all traces... All the threads he started, were deleted, including the replies, all his nonsense replies in other threads were deleted, but where his posts have been quoted in a thread - they remain.
Perhaps in some cases, but they appear to have also removed some of my posts which quoted him - for example, in THIS thread.

Sponsored Links
We'll never know for sure but, although others clearly disagree, I'm inclined to think that he was a genuine idiot, maybe aided by language and/or 'cultural' and/or whatever factors. ...
Personally I think this sums it up but we will never know.

Personally I think this sums it up but we will never know.
You're looking at this in the isolation of the electrics forum.
In other threads for instance (and I'm paraphrasing)...
How do I update maps on a BMW satnav - "What version of Windows is it using?";
I have damp in my blocked up chimney breast - "It sounds like you have too much air in there";
There are four wires in my outside lamp - "Those will be 3 phases and neutral, just pick a different wire";
I have dirty insulation in my eaves that I want to top-up - "Move your boiler up there, it will help heat your loft and improve your EPC rating";
these amongst other equally nonsense replies.

As in post #11, when I called him out on using someone else's year old photo, as his own, in one of his posts, that thread went silent.

He was totally a troll!

You're looking at this in the isolation of the electrics forum.
In other threads for instance (and I'm paraphrasing)...
How do I update maps on a BMW satnav - "What version of Windows is it using?";
I have damp in my blocked up chimney breast - "It sounds like you have too much air in there";
There are four wires in my outside lamp - "Those will be 3 phases and neutral, just pick a different wire";
I have dirty insulation in my eaves that I want to top-up - "Move your boiler up there, it will help heat your loft and improve your EPC rating";
these amongst other equally nonsense replies.

As in post #11, when I called him out on using someone else's year old photo, as his own, in one of his posts, that thread went silent.

He was totally a troll!
I didn't see all of them or the recycled photo, I wasn't aroung Saturday PM so didn't see anything after that.
The chimney breast statement included other replies referring to damp air & moisture which made his comment make sense, someone else quite recently made a similar response regarding 3ph so he may have been recycling that.

There may be more than we know about as we don't have all the info that the mods have.

Hah good point, I had not noticed that, never looked for it, I just assumed it was somebody asking for advice and we have plenty of members who like to help out.
Occasionally even the most straightforward of folks get ideas that can be a bit far out but this person was more than that, I have met folk like that and some of them do mean it so you can`t always tell.

Sorry I forgot to post this earlier, not sure who I intended to reply to now LOL

Probably John in post 13.

Hah good point, I had not noticed that, never looked for it, I just assumed it was somebody asking for advice and we have plenty of members who like to help out.
Occasionally even the most straightforward of folks get ideas that can be a bit far out but this person was more than that, I have met folk like that and some of them do mean it so you can`t always tell.

Sorry I forgot to post this earlier, not sure who I intended to reply to now LOL

Probably John in post 13.
Ahhh that's why it helps to use the quote button ;)

Yeah I know, I typed it pretty quick so I thought it would follow on the forgot to press "Post" so sme hours later saw it and pressed the thought who the was I responding t? Old age I guess LOL

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back