Labour Conference

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I see the shadow Cahncellor, Rachael Reeves, is suggesting that Labour will drastically cut the amount of money spent by the Tories on consultant fees.

She's not seeing the bigger picture. The Tories had to spend money on experts because they didn't have any left.

Mind you, the Tories don't need experts, so why did they spend so much on them? :confused:

Sponsored Links
That speech may well have earned them an additional amount of support.

Word on the ground is that the Labour conference is buzzing compared to the death March of the Tory conference

Not a word on eu trade relations post brexhit, lets hope they break their silence if they get in.

Blup

Sponsored Links
Word on the ground is that the Labour conference is buzzing compared to the death March of the Tory conference
That even comes through loud and clear on the news reports showing snippet of the conferences.

I wonder if they'll honour their pledges if they actually get in power?

Not a word on eu trade relations post brexhit, lets hope they break their silence if they get in.

Blup
Yes, sadly they're forgoing any genuine values and desires in order to retain their popularity.

But to be fair, any attempt to rejoin the EU is a long, long way off because it would be under far stricter and less favorable conditions than UK enjoyed previously.
I suspect UK will need to metaphorically be on its knees before reality sunk in.

But I agree, a genuine and honest approach could bring dividends for trade relations. But even that will require some serious surrender of some opportunity costs.

Yes, sadly they're forgoing any genuine values and desires in order to retain their popularity.

But to be fair, any attempt to rejoin the EU is a long, long way off because it would be under far stricter and less favorable conditions than UK enjoyed previously.
I suspect UK will need to metaphorically be on its knees before reality sunk in.

But I agree, a genuine and honest approach could bring dividends for trade relations. But even that will require some serious surrender of some opportunity costs.
Reeves focussed on the economy which is sensible because the tories cant win on that one (even greasy smogg would struggle), so it is logical for labour at some stsge to emphasise the opportunities for a better trade deal.

Blup

I just to know who is pulling Sir Keir flipflops strings? He is like Biden - a void between the ears. People are being confused between sound bites and what is realistic. Taxes and NI will be going up again after the election.

Making pledges and setting targets is a fool's game...all Labour have to do is stand upright, keep it simple and don't do anything stupid. How hard can it be?

all Labour have to do is stand upright, keep it simple and don't do anything stupid. How hard can it be?

Hmmmm. Before the week's out there'll be talk of re-joining the single market and cheering on Hamas.

Hmmmm. Before the week's out there'll be talk of re-joining the single market and cheering on Hamas.
I doubt many Corbynistas will get airtime - although The Context last night had a chap from the Labour Left putting forward the Palestinian perspective and was constantly interrupted for having the temerity to say what Israel is doing in Gaza is, technically, a war crime, according to the UN.

Making pledges and setting targets is a fool's game...all Labour have to do is stand upright, keep it simple and don't do anything stupid. How hard can it be?
Presume somebody's standing watch over Richard Burgon whilst he's bound and gagged out the back then.

Sponsored Links
Back