Light Sphere, is that the new name to replace light bulb?

Fair enough. However, that doesn't alter the fact that I don't think I've ever seen 6m lengths of metric rigid copper pipe being sold in UK.
Me too. only the soft annaeled coils

Sponsored Links
However, that doesn't alter the fact that I don't think I've ever seen 6m lengths of metric rigid copper pipe being sold in UK.
Common in the trade, especially on new build sites where long lengths meant less joints.

Common in the trade, especially on new build sites where long lengths meant less joints. ...
Interesting. I've certainly never seen anything longer than 3m offered by any of the suppliers I have dealt with.

I would guess that such a product would probably only be of much value for non-domestic new-build sites, since I would suspect that that there will not all that often be straight runs of more than 3m, without any fittings required, in most domestic properties?

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
I would guess that such a product would probably only be of much value for non-domestic new-build sites, since I would suspect that that there will not all that often be straight runs of more than 3m, without any fittings required, in most domestic properties?
I only used them in domestic properties. You can get pretty good at pre bending all of the pipes before you take them to the house (only a few house types on a site) and slotting then into position when you get there. Saved an awful lot of time.

I only used them in domestic properties. You can get pretty good at pre bending all of the pipes before you take them to the house (only a few house types on a site) and slotting then into position when you get there.
Fair enough - obviously a very clever/experienced man :) ...
Saved an awful lot of time.
If it were me, I feel sure that it would end up using an awful lot more of my time (and probably waste a fair bit of pipe), because I'm sure that some of the bends would end up in slightly the wrong places and/or at slightly incorrect angles relative to one another. Furthermore, I think I would very seriously struggle trying to use a hand-held manual bender with a 6m length of pipe ;)

In view of my personal deficiencies (lack of experience), I therefore don't think I would dream of ever even trying to do anything with 6m pipes, but I do still have to wonder how common it is in an 'average domestic property' to have runs greater than 3m without any branches or other fittings (valves, drain cocks etc.).

Kind Regards, John

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back